We are seeking Enablement Workers to support adults within the Borough of Enfield.
The aim of the Enablement Service is to re-skill people from adult care groups, (older people, adults with physical and sensory disabilities), so that they can live as independent lives as possible in their own homes and to avoid, for as long as possible, admission to residential and nursing care. This approach focuses on re-abling people within their home, so they achieve their optimum stable level of independence with the lowest appropriate level of ongoing support
The service has a positive impact on reducing re-admission rates into hospitals.
Enablement is the use of timely and focused intensive support and care in a person's home to improve their choice and quality of life, so that people can maximise their long-term independence by enabling them to remain or return to live in their own homes within the community.
We have exciting opportunities for highly motivated individuals who can contribute to the delivery of innovative services. You will need to demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to work evenings and weekends.
You will need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to work within the team, and communicate with external customers, professionals and the adults we support.We have part time hours available ranging from 14 per week to 35 per week.
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro- rata basis.Evening rota Week 1:
6pm - 10pm - Tue, Wednesday and Friday Week 2:
6pm - 10pm - Monday, Thursday, Saturday and SundayCalculated as 28 hours working over a 2-week rolling period Mornings/Lunch Split Shifts rota Week 1:
7.30am - 11am and then 12noon till 1.30pm - Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Week 2:
7.30am - 11am and then 12noon till 1.30pm - Monday, Thursday, Saturday and SundayCalculated as 35 hours working over a 2-week rolling periodMornings/Lunch Split Shifts and evenings rota Week 1:
7.30am - 11am, 12noon till 1.30pm and 6pm -10pm - Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Week 2:
7.30am - 11am, 12noon till 1.30pm and 6pm -10pm Monday, Thursday, Saturday and SundayCalculated as 63 hours working over a 2-week rolling periodOur 2 week rolling rota shift patterns are 7:30am - 11:30am, 12noon - 13:30 and 17:00 - 22:00. Scale 3 - £12.03 per hourYou will receive an enhanced pay rate when working after 8pm and on Sundays.
We are recruiting to several posts, these will include working alternate weekends on a rolling rota pattern which covers working hours between 7am and 10pm Monday to Sunday.
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
- Are you enthusiastic, motivated and flexible?
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you have strong Enablement skills?
- Do you have at least 2 years experience of working in a service that delivers domiciliary care and support within a client's own home?
- Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced environment?
- Do you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle?
If yes, we would love to hear from you!
You must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a busy working environment.
The Enablement service is a CQC Registered Service.Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That's why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing and Interview Dates
This advert will remain open until all our vacancies are filled.
Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. If you are interested, we would encourage you to apply online by uploading your CV as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact our Independent Living Team Manager, Melanie Wood on 0208 132 2471 or by email [email protected]
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or [email protected]
"This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment".