At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it's the people that make our company. Not the other way around.
We are looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join the HR team in Poole on a fixed term basis until April 2020. You will be responsible for providing a professional, consistent and effective telephony based employee relations advice service to employees and line managers, ensuring delivery against a defined set of service levels. You will act as an ER expert within Mobility, supporting customers and colleagues with policy, employment law and employee relations issues.
We are looking for someone with strong knowledge in employment law and employee relations topics and experience in guiding and coaching a team.What are your responsibilities?
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Provide a dedicated Employee Relations service to an identified service area, in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change and a range of employment and employee relations matters ranging from low to high risk levels.
- Provide coaching, advice and guidance to managers, to develop our manager capability and upskilling in Employee Relation topics. Own cases to conclusion, including remote attendance at meetings. Only escalate cases to HR Consultants where, following risk analysis, the case is identified as high risk and therefore face to face support is required.
- Monitor trends in customer enquiries and make recommendations for changes to improve efficiency in service
- Ensure accurate recording of case management information in C-ontact (our in-house system), analyse and produce reports, make recommendations of tailored solutions to customers and HR Business Partners to improve efficiency of service.
- Establish excellent relationships and build partnerships with customers and HR Business Partners
- Work in a way that develops team working within the Mobility Operations team, and act in a partnership environment with business partners and customers to deliver efficient and effective support to customers
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service offered.
- Support the development of Mobility Operations team, acting as a coach and mentor with enquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team leader or manager as and when required
- Someone with proven track record of working in an HR generalist, specialist and or/other relevant HR role, CIPD qualified
- Someone with significant knowledge of current and future employment legislation including implications of TUPE, HR policies
- Someone who can coach and mentor other team members
- Someone with knowledge of SAP HR (preferred) and MS applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Shared service experience would be advantageous
- Someone with experience of providing employee relations advice and guidance over the phone/remotely and by email
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: