The Life Insurance industry is experiencing a growing demand for technology solutions and the associated skills to drive faster and more efficient processing and push for a competitive edge. At Willis Towers Watson, we provide our clients with a wide range of technology and software solutions and are equally experiencing a growing demand for the skills to use those solutions to their best potential.
We are therefore looking to expand our Life Insurance team to broaden our technology capabilities to meet this growing demand. In joining our team, you will be a key part of this growth.The Role *** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship
Our Life ICT team is looking for an apprentice who can demonstrate the ability to learn about the Life Insurance industry and the technology and software solutions marketed by Willis Towers Watson. Over time, you will become experienced in these solutions, working with our consultant actuaries to design, implement and manage how we deploy within clients. You will be keen to learn about these technology solutions, how they can be best deployed, how to design processes and systems around them and in all implementation matters.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently using their own initiative and would enjoy being part of a global team. The ability to take on challenges, solve problems and a willingness to learn new skills as our business grows is a key requirement. As a prerequisite you would be expected to have demonstrated some self-learning and proactive interest in the technology space, for example through gaining knowledge of at least one programming language.
The key responsibility of this role will be to support the consultant actuaries in a wide range of projects involving technology solutions.
This includes developing skills and knowledge (over a number of years) to achieve the following:
- Become an expert in Willis Towers Watson's software suite and how they can be deployed to meet business requirements. In particular, focussing on advanced applications of the software, leveraging your technical skills, to drive efficiencies in how we deliver services to our clients
- Act as a technical specialist for the team, working on various scripts used in implementing software solutions (e.g. writing of PowerShell scripts as part of workflow building)
- Improve the architecture, deployment and operations practices within the team to introduce and adopt industry standards for many topics including automation, compliance and reporting.
Other responsibilities include:
Training & Qualifications
- Working in a team and being a team player
- Supporting the gathering of business requirements and translating them into functional design specifications, preferably in an Agile environment
This Degree Apprenticeship is a 48 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for you to gain a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, including Maths and/or IT/Computing
- Can demonstrate some skills in the technology space, such as knowledge of at least one programming language. Candidates will be subjected to a simple technical test
- The ability to deliver high levels of client service
- An ability at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists
- Ability to represent the practice and Willis Towers Watson with integrity and credibility
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.