We are looking for contract commercial, performance and cost auditors to join our team. If you're successful you will work in multi-disciplinary teams undertaking client work on some major projects and contracts in both public and private sectors. In addition to the technical work, the role includes:
- Working as part of a team initially but moving to leading assignments or working independently
- Developing client relationships
- Identifying and developing client opportunities
- Face-to-face contact with clients and their professional advisors
As part of a leading professional services organisation, you will soon be expected to help manage teams and people, and be responsible for the financial side of your work.
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place.
At PwC, our Commercial Assurance team helps organisations to manage project, risk and cost through its contracts with third party suppliers.
We deliver our services to clients at all stages in the contract lifecycle, from setting up the contract, through contract and commercial monitoring, to renegotiation and exit. The scope of our work includes programme, schedule and governance as well as cost. On major contracts we regularly provide PMO capability to clients who are setting up or delivering their side of the deal. Our clients are from central and local Government, utilities, construction, oil and gas, and retail sectors.
Our team is currently expanding and we're seeking talented, high performing, professionals to join our team.
If you enjoy working with high profile clients, then our Commercial Assurance team at PwC will provide you with that opportunity.
The role requires flexibility and some mobility, with national, and occasionally international, travel required.
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for a qualified, cost or engineering professional with c.3 years' experience, to join the Capital Project Assurance team. Your experience is in the delivery of capital projects, preferably with experience in EPC industry.
- Graduate in a relevant engineering or cost discipline
- Ideally MRICS, MICE, MCIOB or similar, and project management experience is also of interest to us
- You need cost and/or contract audit experience and to be ready to extend this into commercial, schedule, performance and cost reviews, delivering reports for clients
- Experience in Project controls is desirable, whether project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, change control, or risk
- An understanding of contract management is desirable
- Software skills in one or more of:
- Power BI - Tableau
- Primavera - P6
- Cost management tools, e.g. Ecosys, Prism
- You will need to be comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as alone, and you need to be ready to take on the wider management roles, as well as the admin, involved as part of a busy team in a large organisation
- We welcome those who have demonstrated willingness and ability to run assignments for and with clients, and show the organisational, personal and intellectual skills that requires
- We welcome any broader experience of producing client reports, taking complex issues and turning them into clear and succinct messages for senior client sponsors
- You should be comfortable working across a range of client sectors including local and central government, aerospace & defence, construction, power & utilities, oil & gas etc