For the past 25 years,Sequel Business Solutions
has grown to becoming aleading insurance and reinsurance software specialist
. With our headquarters based in the City ofLondon ,and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at:https://sequel.com/
. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job DescriptionSequel Broking
is one of our market-leading products which offers an end to end solutionfocused onBrokers and MGAs
, who operate largely withintheLloyd's and London Insurance Market
. With the backing of our holding company (Verisk Analytics
) - we are growingourproduct to meet the complexities of the rapidly evolving MGA market.
The core focus of this role is to play a mid-level business analyst role
in supporting an exciting roadmap programme, delivering SequelBrokingimplementation and upgrade projects, and bringing your knowledge of client-side London Insurance Broking to the fore
This is a customer-facing role, working directly within a dedicatedteam of specialists (Malaga-based developers, QA/testers), and with access to London-based project managers, Head of Product etc,working in anAgile/ scrum environment.You can expect to:
You will be challenged both technically (shaping the software product to meet roadmap and customer expectations), and in the development of your business understanding (entrenchingknowledgeof broker and MGA-led business processes and workflow optimisation as they apply to the London Insurance Market).
- work within a team of analysts, developers and testers, taking direction from and supporting a Lead Business Analyst;and with involvement from the Product Owner and Product Head
- Working typically toAGILE principles, you will feel comfortable in daily scrums, working to achieve defined objectives, in (2-weekly) sprints
- Assist in the analysis of business processes, functions and procedures to determine the most effective business systems technology that meet the needs of the customer /product implementation
- Establishsystems specifications and objectives, based on business requirements, providingrecommendations to stakeholders
- Managescustomer expectations and consulting/problem-solvingto entrench a relationship built on trust and delivery
- Participates in design and requirements gathering meetings to identify business solutions
- Works with technical resources to ensure the accurate translation of specifications into workable application code
- CreateTest Cases and Test Scenarios
As such this is a career-leveraging opportunity for someone wishes focus on software development within the #Broking and #MGA sector.About the teamSequelBroking
is a team of about 35specialists, located in Malaga (tech hub) and London (client-facing roles). It's a diverse group of great individuals, with the commonality of purpose: professional, client-focused, innovation-led, and supportive of each other. We are serious about the quality of our work, and equally serious about creating a culture of inclusiveness and enjoyment in the workplace.We are accordingly keen to attract like-minded candidates, who understand the pressures and opportunitiesthat come with crafting B2B software.#LI-VGTQualifications
This role requires some non-negotiable foundation experience:
NB: We can only progress applications from candidates who reflect demonstrable evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.***Please indicate your salary expectation in your response, as this is an indicator or suitability for this mid-level role.Additional Information
- Whilst atertiary qualification in support of a career in software development and business analysis is highly valued,business-side (insurance broking) experience is key in this role, alongside evidence of a shift towards working with broking software in recent years,
- Ideally3+ years working within the London Market, for a Broker or MGA, with exposure to software projectsforbusinessprocess optimisation
- OR 3+years' experienceworking within a software product team, as a business (systems) analyst, in the delivery of complex software to external customers
- full lifecycle delivery experience - from requirements analysis and functional documentation stage, implementation of configuration changes, QA testing and review to go live stage
- SQL skills
- Experience in TFS
- Basic knowledge of API's, JSON would be optional and advantageous
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.http://www.verisk.com/careers.html
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice