Have you ever wondered how Amazon delivers timely and reliably hundreds of millions of packages to customer's doorsteps? Are you passionate about delivering technical and data driven solutions that enable the operating teams and the business areas to take timely decisions?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
Our team is seeking for an experienced Product Manager for tech products who will focus in building mission critical customer experiences across ATS (Amazon Transportation Services)
The BI ATS team is in charge of building and maintaining a large number of products and solutions for our customers across ATS. We are responsible for the implementation of new tools to support data visualization, interaction with data, deep dives, simulation, and automation of manual processes among others.
As Program Manager BI ATS, you are comfortable with ambiguity and helping to deliver successful tools to support our customers, helping them to improve their processes, enhancing their experience, managing the lifecycle of the products, from new product induction, enhancement, and replacement if they get to the end of the lifecycle.
You feel comfortable in working with tech teams and tech solutions to solve problems and delight our customers. Your technical understanding allows you to identify the benefits and risks for any suggested new requirements and define usability, success metrics, high-level technical implications to support the scoping.
You will work with your BI peers, project managers and developers to ensure the right support for the live products and customer satisfaction.
You have strong judgement and work with your peers and stakeholders to create the vision and product roadmaps, detailing requirements and delivering results in iterations.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity of the European transportation network make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new products and initiatives and help building plans for the future.
The position will be based in Luxembourg. You will be reporting to a Senior Manager, working intensely with their project and development team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and an analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfil the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History".
In this job you will
- Follow product introduction best practices and work backwards
- Change, add, remove products from the catalogue
- Ensure products are working in all the aspects (data accuracy, automation, features)
- Be the voice of the customer and articulate their needs
- Identify new ideas proactively
- Drive discussion with customers to support the design and development of new features needed
- Balance business expertise, product management and technical understanding. Deep understanding of our internal products, reasons for the product, which was the problem statement, how the solution is supporting the customer, what is the technical approach.
- Evaluate new features from the technical point of view to understand the impact in development required
- Articulate feature scope, timelines, owners, risks and roadmap.
- Work with project managers on development, launch process, beta product, acceptance criteria.
• Degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Economics-Business Administration or related field.
• 4+ year of experience in Tech Product Management, project management
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts
• Ability to work closely with engineers and comfort engaging in technical conversations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Curiosity about machine learning, data engineering, reporting and front end solutions and ability to ramp up quickly on new and complex technical subjects
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms to different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
• Experience working with stakeholders, and managing prioritization;
• Strong team player and the ability to work in a diverse environment with people in various locations;
• High degree of product ownership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems;
• Excellent listener, quick learner, and able to handle ambiguity;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• MBA or Master Degree
• Product and portfolio management in IT infrastructure
• Proficiency with data querying or modelling technique with SQL
• Expertise in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modelling, experience with ETL, etc.)
• Proficiency with scripting languages with a focus on data analytics (Python, R)
• Proven expertise in building reports and BI analysis with tools such as Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects etc.