Description Associate Director Landscape Architecture
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Job Description
Our Landscape, Masterplanning andUrbanism (LMU) team are looking for anAssociate Director for Landscape Architecture to come join our growing team,which consists of 30+ people offering the full spectrum of Landscape Architecture,Masterplanning and Urban Design services, from Masterplanning, urbanregeneration, strategic planning, design concept through to detail and implementationas well as Environmental Assessment and LVIA.
At Arcadis, you won't just betransforming the world around you, you will also have the opportunity toreimagine where you could go. Because at Arcadis, careers have no boundariesand you'll be encouraged to embrace your imagination and curiosity, think bigand think differently.
As well as managing a team, youwill play an active role in continuing to grow the team through providinginnovative propositions to our clients and being the day-to-day lead for ourprojects. You will support your team on a wide range of Landscape Architecture,Urban Design, Regeneration, large scale Masterplanning and Infrastructureprojects. You will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including our in-housedisciplines and high-profile designers as well as our sector leading externalpartners. You'll have the opportunity towork on some of the UK's largest, most complex and technically demanding projects. These currently include major large-scaleMasterplans, City Centre public realm Regeneration projects, GreenInfrastructure strategies and Landscape Masterplanning for some of the UK'slargest residential and mixed-use developments as well as significantinfrastructure projects such as:
- Perry Barr Regeneration Development
- Various Future High Street Fund projects and Town Investment Funds
- Northstowe Masterplan / Urban extension
- High Speed Rail 2
- Otterpool Park Garden Settlement
- Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs) such as Lower Thames Crossing.
- Rochdale Canal and various other Projects (Canal and River Trust)
However, not all of our projects are large scale. We have equally exciting smaller projects and, together, present a rich and varied portfolio of projects and clients including at national and local levels, and in both the private and public sector.
You'll be challenged and inspired by projects that demand a variety of ideas and solutions. It's why we value collaboration. Why you'll work with talented colleagues who bring fresh thoughts. And whilst each Arcadian brings their own perspective, we are united by a passion for sustainability, collaboration and a desire to solve the most complex challenges our world faces. Requirements
- Team leader shaping and delivering exceptional outcomes. Focus on Development Planning, Urbanism and Landscape Architecture
- Trusted client advisor - experienced in building relationships with Senior Client Team members. Able to understand their needs and drivers, ability to shape and influence outcomes
- Experienced Landscape Architect with ability to lead by example working on multi-disciplinary urban regeneration and development master planning projects, ideally within a consultancy environment
- Sector experience in infrastructure, commercial development, urban regeneration, residential, transportation and/or landscape planning strategic policy
- Highly capable and crafted experience in successful high-quality bid writing, ability to influence the business with developing relevant communities of Practice and further Value Propositions
- Experienced Line Manager, ability to manage with proactive dialogue encompassing staff wellbeing and personal development. Understanding of staff professional development needs and career pathway
- Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture or closely related subject. Chartered membership with Landscape Institute or equivalent
- Confident in horticulture and planting design
- Good hand-drawing and graphic skills
- Proficient AutoCAD and experienced Adobe Suite user
- Desired: Revit and/or 3d Sketchup, Modelling tools
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture or closely related subject
- Chartered membership with the Landscape Institute