OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited
Location: Fenchurch Street
Reporting to: Sales Support Manager Why join us?
From the Head of Group Protection Distribution...
"This is a great opportunity to join a team that is going places. We are one of the fastest growing insurers in the Group Protection marketplace, with plans to further accelerate that growth and expand our team over the next 12-24 months. We will be adding new products and updating our systems too which will further help us grow. Our Sales Support team is central to all our new business activities, so this is a fun, exciting and fast paced environment and a great place to start a career in the insurance sector. As our business is growing and we are working with more and more intermediaries, we are expanding our Sales Support team and are therefore looking for an outstanding candidate to join and help us provide great service and support to our intermediary partners. You must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with some customer service experience, a willingness to learn and help others." A little more about AIG Life
AIG Life are a protection insurance business. As well as delivering products to individuals and businesses, AIG Life also provides group protection products to employers. Our products - group life, group critical illness and group income protection - are bought by employers as a benefit for their employees, and AIG Life sell these products, via intermediaries, to SMEs as well as large multinational businesses.
The Group Protection department includes teams for Sales/Distribution, Scheme Underwriting, Client Services and Propositions. The Distribution Team requires a Distribution Specialist
to provide telephone and email support to advisers within ourLondon officein Fenchurch Streetduring the sales process, and administration support to the wider Distribution team.
The role requires someone who has some experience in either telephone sales or customer service, a willingness to help others and who is keen to develop their career in an exciting, fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities The Distribution Specialist will be a key contributor of our business relationship with advisers, therefore as the representative of the company they will need to be able to show they have the potential and willingness to:
- The Sales Support team is a vital component of AIG Life's distribution strategy for group protection, as it provides day to day support for the Distribution team. We are therefore looking for the right candidate with enthusiasm, energy, a willingness to learn and a desire to help and support others.
- The Distribution Specialist is an integral part of the sales process and an important contact point for advisers in dealing with all aspects of our new business processes. The Sales Support team is jointly responsible for handling inbound calls from advisers, and providing email support via our mailbox. They will be expected to answer questions and support all aspects of our new business processes
- The role holder will also need to be able to communicate Ellipse's proposition and provide excellent customer service to advisers, over the phone and by email
- The job holder will be a good administrator as a large part of the role is to administer new business sales, so good organisation skills are important, as well as an ability to work under pressure.
- This is an office based role, however there will be an opportunity to work from home occasionally.
What we are looking for
- Support our operations in the delivery of service - especially managing the quotation and on risk process from receipt of the quotation specification to delivery of the quotation to the adviser
- Answer calls to the Sales telephone line and after appropriate training is provided, answer questions on any aspect of our new business processes
- Schedule work/tasks for the Scheme Underwriting team within our CRM system, and ensure deadlines are met
- Provide quotations for small/medium sized business, and deliver these on-time to the adviser
- Some experience in a customer service or sales environment
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Good telephone manner, you must be confident on the phone
- Good written and verbal communication skills, you will be explaining products and systems to advisers
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.