Welcome to VERCIDA website.
Skip to main content
Did you know that users who have filled in their profile details are 42 times more likely to get matched with the right employer?
Help us find the best workplace for you by sharing more about yourself.
We will never disclose your information with others.
Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
We work to promote competition for the benefit of consumers, both within and outside the UK. Our aim is to make markets work well for consumers, businesses and the economy.
CMA is a non-ministerial department.
We are responsible for:
- investigating mergers which could restrict competition
- conducting market studies and investigations in markets where there may be competition and consumer problems
- investigating where there may be breaches of UK or EU prohibitions against anti-competitive agreements and abuses of dominant positions
- bringing criminal proceedings against individuals who commit the cartel offence
- enforcing consumer protection legislation to tackle practices and market conditions that make it difficult for consumers to exercise choice
- co-operating with sector regulators and encouraging them to use their competition powers
- considering regulatory references and appeals
Our responsibilities are supported by a range of powers which are based on legislation and explained in Towards the CMA.