UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdYour future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
This role will contribute to the growth of the Financial Lines, PI by: driving the business plans for our London business development through - Underwriting new and renewal business; developing and maintaining relationships with existing brokers; assisting in PI product development and thought leadership; and executing the annual PI strategies.What we are looking for:
- Meet individual underwriting expectations to help team achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Proven track record of developing PI new business in the London Market.
- Meet the budgeted team retention targets for the London PI Team.
- A solid experience in underwriting PI within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Assess desirability of risk through analysis of financial reports and accounts (as required); regular contact with broker; thorough review of proposal; and review of claims history and general company information
- Use designated Underwriting system(s) to streamline underwriting and information-tracking approach across Profit Centre. Input required data consistently and accurately as required.
Customer and Sales:
- Proven track record of providing excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to Underwriting & business development.
- Exhibit sales orientated behaviors, defined by Management as: motivated, tenacious, production focused, technically skilled, proactive, and accountable.
- Generate new business by expanding broker network, attending broker events, and building new relationships across the market.
- Be responsible for meeting larger proportion of new business target(s).
- Provide excellent service to brokers through consistent, timely, and proactive approach to underwriting.
- Serve as guide and/or referral point for Underwriters.
- Support other Underwriters and help develop networking opportunities as they arise
- Establish strong existing relationships with brokers, maintaining those relationships through attending and organizing regular broker events.
- Ensure all brokers and clients are treated fairly.
- Ensure customer-centric approach.
- Support team building and team strategies and goals.
- Ensure contract certainty.
- Conduct self-audit/Peer-Review as required.
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, sanctions, expenses, this list is not exhaustive, is just an example.
- Underwriting experience is required,
- PI Underwriting experience very valuable
- Strong communication skills
- Time management - ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse financial statements
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Organizational skills
- Customer and sales focused
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive, can produce results
- Able to work in a cooperative team environment
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.