Our Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) is building a new team to transform performance within the business through operational efficiency. We are looking for a Transformation Finance Lead to steer the development of plans to achieve key numerical measures, in order to meet strategic, expense and growth outcomes.
The role holder will lead the process development, tracking, measurement and reporting of all key financial metrics with a view to provide data-led challenge for executive leaders and drive the efficiency outcomes for the overall Aviva strategy. There is a focus on crafting a positive risk culture and confirming that risks and issues across the programme are robustly and proactively managed and not compromised through transformative change. This person will act as the day-to-day operational lead on our divestment agenda, ensuring Transitional Service Agreements (TSAs) are aligned to requirements of transaction and agreed with M&A, Legal and acquiring parties. You will also work closely with Aviva CEOs, functional leads and the ExCo to influence and challenge to ensure execution of agreed targets and plans.
It's a great opportunity for someone to demonstrate their approach to mentorship and influencing others to support us in building the leadership capability of the future. We want to encourage a way of working that champions continuous improvement (through measurement and metrics) and you will help us do that.Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Lead the execution and measurement of financial targets, working in collaboration with the business units and through disciplined Executive challenge.
- Responsible for developing, agreeing, embedding and tracking lead indicators (e.g. FTE, expenses, top quartile efficiency measures) to measure overall value delivery and meeting strategic outcomes.
- Lead on Executive level reporting of progress versus targets and preparation of clear recommendations/next steps based on reporting.
- Lead the deployment of new and improved processes to continually evolve and identify the best approaches and methods.
- Maintain a strong internal and external network - engagement across financial workstreams (e.g. FP&A) peers, consultants, industry specialists and more.
- Deliver change effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct effective line management for two direct reports.
What will you get for this role?
- Excellent understanding of how to track and extract value in operational processes, demonstrated in work experience.
- Financially-savvy, confident in ability to partner with the wider business to deliver on financial goals. Ideally holding a professional qualification in a financial field.
- Clear experience in implementing major change programmes considering value and financial performance aspects within the financial services sector.
- Ability to build effective relationships quickly - confident when engaging with senior and executive leadership to advise, support and influence them.
- Prior people management experience - keen to lead a cross-functional team with collaboration being a key focus.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
Working at Aviva
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.