What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
Opportunities to get on
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join 'Buy As You Earn' and 'Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
- take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme
helps you deal with life's challenges. Financial wellness
- Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partnersAbout the role Shift pattern
Days From time To time Thu 06:00:00 15:00:00 Fri 10:00:00 19:00:00 Sat 14:00:00 23:00:00 Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
• Understanding what may be getting in the way of individuals delivering a great service and actively remove these obstacles with them.
• Celebrating success within theteam, being creative in the way you achieve this.
• Being readily available to resolve customer and colleague queries, leaving them with a smile on their face.
• Ensuring theteam are dressed for service and positively reflect our brand.
• Providing constructive feedback to Team Manager on individuals contribution to serving customers well.
• Role modelling great customer service and standards of dress, demonstrating a natural enthusiasm to delight our customers.
• Ensuring our colleagues have the tools to deliver their role well.
• Developingown Operational and Behavioural Skills.
Effectively co-ordinateresource to provide excellent service to customers by:
• Forward planning to ensure right resource is available at the right time in the coming week.
• Updating the Duty Manager to ensure they are kept well informed and able to pro-actively support.
• Supportingmanagers to co-ordinate seasonal, community and charity events, creating a great inclusive atmosphere.
• Being knowledgeable of department KPI's and delivers the practical actions required to achieve these. You will need
You'll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what's needed to give our customers great service.
We'll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain's Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day. About us
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. Benefits Package
- Colleague Discount Card (including a secondcard for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco and 25% discount at Tesco Cafe.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
For more information, please go to www.tescoplc.com