FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG is hiring a Tax Manager to manage a portfolio of entities in numerous countries within EMEA region. This role will be p rimarily focused on ensuring direct tax compliance and reporting obligations are met, however will also be responsible for tax authority audits, providing support to the business on a variety of technical issues and liaising with other in-house specialist tax teams such as transfer pricing or VAT.
The role is within the international tax team and would suit a self-starter who is looking for exposure to a diverse range of tax issues facing a multi-national insurance business. Key Responsibilities:
- Actively manage direct tax compliance by ensuring submission of statutory tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with quarterly US GAAP, statutory and regulatory reporting. Apply initiative in a fluid and rapidly changing environment to identify opportunities to improve process.
- Build, maintain and develop strategic relationships with key internal and external (including advisors and local tax regulatory bodies) stakeholders to support delivery of tax advice to finance and the business organisation
- Guide finance staff with their technical tax questions on variety of issues including operationalising transactions, tax accounting queries, tax payments and impact of changes in legislation.
- Co-ordinate with in-house tax specialist teams, such as VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing, as required on matters such as tax authority audits, transactions and ad hoc queries
- Assist with SOX compliance and identify opportunities to improve internal control environment
- To provide accurate and timely support both within the tax and finance function and wider areas of the business
- Ensure best practices/policies and consistent procedures are applied in the region
- Strong financial acumen with tax accounting experience
- Bring best practices, policies and procedures to the organization
- Flexible self-starter with strong organisation skills showing attention to detail
- Responsive to time pressure and ability to work to agreed deadlines and objectives
- Able to identify, assess and communicate relevant issues on a timely basis
- Team player with strong communication skills and an ability to build relationship with different parts of the business
- Good levels of experience in the Insurance industry or Financial services
- Experience with complex technical activities within a regulated environment
- Proficient with US GAAP tax reporting (ASC 740) and IFRS
- Fluent English and preferably other local language
- UK Qualified Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor
- Experience of negotiating with tax authorities
- Experience of operating at a management level
- Prior work experience in a multinational organisation
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.