VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Talbot Underwriting Services Ltd (TS1)
Talbot Underwriting Operations Manager The Company
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
Talbot (Lloyd's of London Syndicate 1183) is a member company of AIG offering both insurance and reinsurance from the London Market with offices and a local presence in Asia Pacific, London, Miami and Santiago. Talbot are leaders in the War and Terrorism, Energy, Marine, Financial Lines and Cyber insurance sectors. We also focus on additional specialty classes such as transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap and ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance.The Opportunity
To support the Head of Underwriting Management (HOUM) in all operational aspects of the Underwriting Management function and work closely with the Delegated Authority Manager to ensure underwriting compliance is met. To manage, monitor and report on key underwriting controls; taking responsibility for all risk and controls allocated to you in the risk monitoring framework. Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of Underwriting Management in keeping all underwriting processes under review ensuring that they are appropriate;
- To support the HOUM to ensure that brokers' services agreements are evaluated rigorously and reported on;
- Support the HOUM with management of the External Reviewers, including ensuring that the agreed feedback is assimilated by underwriters;
- To keep TUL's compliance with Lloyd's Minimum Underwriting Standards under review and ensure there are controls in place to facilitate compliance;
- Working with the HOUM to maintain the syndicate's analysis document and overseeing the processes in place to enable the syndicate to comply; help produce and monitor reports required for compliance with standards.
- In conjunction with the business and HOUM, work with Talbot overseas offices to ensure that each office is complying with the applicable Lloyd's minimum standards;
- Work with the Delegated Authority team in ensuring that the offices understand the terms of the binding authority and provide guidance as required;
- Assist the HOUM with the management and reporting of High Conduct Risk business, including escalation where required ;
- Review Quality Assessment failures and adjudicate on the failure with compliance;
- Assist finance with overdue premium management.
What can Talbot offer you?
- A good understanding of underwriting and underwriting operations;
- A wide experience in all matters relating to underwriting in terms of process, procedure, compliance and legal would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Lloyd's operational processes and systems;
- A good knowledge of the distribution chains available to the syndicate, with specific emphasis on understanding the dynamics around Lloyd's brokers and the landscape that applies.
In addition to your basic salary, we offer a generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday; private medical coverage; a highly competitive non-contributory pension scheme and contribution towards a wellbeing activity.
Talbot is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination of all types and actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that taking a more inclusive approach to all aspects of the employee lifecycle creates an environment that allows talent to flourish, more effective collaboration, greater productivity and strong employee engagement. We also demonstrate our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through charitable giving and supporting our local community through a range of events and initiatives.
Talbot recognises the desire of employees to work more flexibly both in terms of hours and location and therefore welcome discussions in order to facilitate this where possible. We are committed to ongoing personal and professional development, and provide a high level of support in order to help all of our colleagues achieve their full potential.
For a full job description, please contact Jo Pickup at email@example.comClosing date:
Tuesday 24th December
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.