Stamp Taxes Advisor Location:
13/12/2019Number of Positions:
Multiple position available
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you'll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value. The opportunity
The Stamp Taxes Group at EY is the largest stamp taxes team with a 20 strong team nationwide. The team advises on all aspects of stamp taxes including financial services, corporate transactions and restructurings in addition to UK real estate. Whilst we are primarily focussing a team member to assist with the financial services offering, the position provides a unique development opportunity for the relevant individual to experience a wide range of transaction related areas within the same team. The team prides itself in flexibility of working - whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
The Stamp Taxes Group works with clients of all sizes in all industries, working closely with the incredibly strong network of teams around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, individuals apply their skills to a variety of transactions. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of international tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of international tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
To qualify for the role you must have
- Driven and quick on the uptake
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player
Ideally, you'll also have
- Graduate/Graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
- Legal / Accounting / previous Stamp Taxes experience
What we look for
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
The types of project you'll contribute towards may include:
- Fund reorganisations and mergers
- Derivative and banking platforms
- IPO's and listings
- Inversions, take-overs and cross-border mergers
- International reorganisations and restructurings
- Property transactions
- Due diligence
- Liaising with HMRC Stamp Taxes.
In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you're contributing towards helping our clients to execute their transactions ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.