Job Title Apprentice Software Test Consultant 2021 Location :
London, Birmingham, Woking (Surrey), Manchester Intakes:
June 2021 Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
- You'll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
- You'll study part-time for your degree through Aston University - whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You'll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you out
- Did we mention it's 100% free? We're sponsoring all of the costs of your degree - You'll get the best of both worlds - with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.
- You will study for a BSc Honours degree in Digital & Technology Solutions whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What's the catch you ask? Well actually there isn't one... you don't need to be a techie, but we do ask that you're as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
We have a number of different roles based across the UK. These include Software Developer, Software Test Consultant and Technical Consultant. If you reach the digital assessment stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your background and location preference. About Capgemini
At Capgemini we often say that we're the biggest company you've never heard of. We are one of the world's largest tech companies, helping our clients to transform their businesses through ingenious technology solutions. We deliver exciting & innovative client projects across multiple industries all over the world using cutting edge technology in an entrepreneurial and supportive evnironment.
Importantly, you'll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme. You'll start your journey together on an eight-week residential training course where you'll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini. Who you'll be working with
At the cutting-edge of technology, you will be at the heart of the innovative projects we are developing. Before any phase of release, our products are put through rigorous testing by a team of highly skilled and naturally-inquisitive individuals - people who know that "what if..." is sometimes the most important question we can ask. The Focus of Your Role
Ensuring that our clients' new or updated products are excelling in every way, you will apply system testing and system integration testing to ensure that every Capgemini project is meeting the lofty heights of excellence - and that every output is free from glitches, bugs and hiccups.What you'll do
What you'll bring
- You'll solve problems logically by pinpointing and analysing defects, and you'll ensure interfaces between systems are flawless.
- You'll witness the entire lifecycle of a product, working with multidisciplinary colleagues as you learn in the role and further your knowledge.
- You'll think creatively to deliver innovative solutions to complex testing challenges - mitigating risk.
- Exceptional analytical skills - your capacity to challenge a project and investigate different pathways will be vital.
- An understanding of the software development cycle and how testing plays a part in it.
- The ability to learn quickly. We'll expect you to understand a wide variety of business applications and the expectations placed on them.
Note: You need to have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than 6 months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You could be required to work away from home during the week .