Hiscox is currently seeking a SQL, VBA & ETL developer to join our Reserving Data & Systems team, the role reports into the IT organisation but will be predominantly working for the Actuarial Reserving Team. The role will help support existing operational systems as well as contribute to the Reserving Team's strategic projects ensuring they are transitioned into BAU.
You will be responsible for supporting business critical systems as well as eliciting requirements, developing, unit testing & deploying new solutions and enhancements to existing systems. There may also be innovation opportunities and proofs of concept.
The role while needing strong developer skills does have a significant support aspect to it. Therefore this role will need to work a different work pattern to the core team (based in London) to accommodate this.
As the Reserving application portfolio matures an openness to learn new technologies and programming languages may be required e.g. C#, R, Alteryx.
Experience in the Insurance sector especially London Market & Specialist Insurance will be a nice to have but not essential. About the Actuarial Reserving Team
Hiscox is currently undergoing a high degree of change as the finance and actuarial transformation project continues, whilst also dealing with a changing landscape under Brexit and the forthcoming IFRS 17 accounting changes. We are growing our team to help drive, influence and embed models and processes across finance and reserving to ensure we are the leading Actuarial Function in the market.
The centralised team works across all of Hiscox's extensive and varied portfolios. Hiscox writes business globally, operating three Syndicates at Lloyd's, a Bermudian reinsurance & ILS carrier and has rapidly expanding commercial and retail carriers in the UK, US, Europe and Asia.
- SQL Development background including developing ETL solutions in SQL Server including SSIS
- VBA Development background
- Expert MS Excel Skills
- Strong development practice skills (code & configuration management, build processes...)
- Appreciation of database design patterns and practices
- Experience with requirements elicitation
- Experience managing (internal) customers with support requests
Our nice to haves:
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
- Experience with BI, Reserving or Modelling applications: integration, configuration and administration
- Insurance industry experience
- BI Skillset:
- Ability to prepare data for the purpose of reporting & analytics
- Ability to analyse data sets (new or existing) to gain new insight
- Ability to deliver information in pre prepared structures for easy business consumption
- Tableau, Alteryx, SSAS & SSIS
- Azure data & analytics technologies
- Understanding of Prince 2 & Agile software delivery principles
AtHiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
#LI-SW1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to[email protected]