Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof.
To support the Senior Site Manager in the management and running of Colt's Data Centre , ensuring optimum performance and longevity by implementing and supervising the Planned Preventative Maintenance programme, whilst managing and prioritising incident & problems.
Operates a safe and reliable site according to agreed procedures and standards. Key Accountabilities: Infrastructure and Cost Efficiency:
- Ensuring site cleanliness (through third party contractors)
- Ensuring management of facilities services (through third party contractors)
- Supporting ISO14001 (Environmental) ISO27001 (Information Security Management System)
- Day to day site running
- Monitoring, Maintenance and repair of existing infrastructure
- Completing capacity report and gathering and validation of monthly customer power reports.
- Maintaining standard and emergency operations procedures and ensure the appropriate training of operatives staff
- Available for out of hours planned and reactive call out support -on a rotational basis
Managing Risk and Health & Safety:
- Day to day team leading of other engineers on site
- Rack/footprint availability report
- Small works requests
- Site plant performance trending
- Permits to work are issued to all DCS contractors
- Change control , incident and problem management
- Risk assessment creation and updating method statements
- Ensuring all H&S compliance on site
- H&S scorecard, reporting and actions
- Small to medium scale, eg battery replacement, gas replacement
- Large or complex customer installations
- Energy efficiency initiatives
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering qualification, or equivalent level of job experience within the critical services sector
- Excellent Inter-personnel skills
- Personal drive, highly self-motivated and self-organized
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent Team Player and ability to work in an international team
- Full driving licence
- Willingness for Call Out
- Experience of working with critical data centre infrastructures in a technical or engineering capacity.
- Technical appreciation in electromechanical and cooling disciplines including feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU units, chillers, air handling units, RCU/CRAC units.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and
- Excellent investigative and fault finding skills and route cause analysis.
Great attitude with internal customers and external parties, and able to address any issues. What we offer:
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace