We are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Finance and Data Platforms Team within Aviva.
The Senior Software Engineer is required within a small team of developers who are developing greenfield, business critical financial applications, along with supporting and enhancing existing AWS hosted applications.
The role is a combination of back-end and front-end work, automating Actuarial modelling and building fast and fluid UI screens. To achieve scalability, we employ several cloud technologies including AWS Lambda, SQS and RDS and the role offers plenty of creative technical freedom. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skils & Experience required
- Researching, designing and writing new software programs.
- Developing existing programs, analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Creating technical specifications and unit test plans.
- Ensuring the security, performance, monitoring and design integrity and of data and the underlying database.
- Packaging software code / components for deployment, including release documentation.
- Ensuring functional and non-functional requirements are met during development and maintenance activities.
What will you get for this role?
- Knowledge of C# and .Net technologies.
- Knowledge of ASP.Net MVC and web front end technologies e.g JQuery, Angular (Desired), Bootstrap and HTML5.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL and Entity Framework.
- Knowledge of Powershell and Windows scripting.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Puppet and Packer.
- Experience using distributed version control, such as GIT.
- Experience with Jenkins and/or automated build systems/processes.
- Experience of unit test and automated testing.
- Exposure to Atlassian products such as Bitbucket/Stash, Confluence and Jira desirable.
- Exposure to Cloud computing, particularly AWS.
- Experience of Windows Server technologies - e.g. Active Directory, DNS, File services.
Oh and by the way...
- Salary of circa £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva we always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. We'll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they're from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied and we'll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on: 0121 200 5926 or ping them an email at: email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.