About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded consultancies. We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
Our People and Transformation team is a community of experts, working alongside our sector and practice colleagues to serve our clients. We enable our clients to drive employee and leadership engagement, communications and performance in environments of change and transformation, risk and conflict. We are recognised as a global people and transformation practice, called upon for superior strategy and execution, enabling leaders and employees to contribute optimally to the success of their organisations.
If you are curious to gain insights into global organisations, their cultures and challenges, and work in a dynamic environment, solving tricky problems for our clients then you have come to the right place. What else can you expect? A friendly, collaborative, and performance-oriented team with access to development opportunities across sectors, services and situations.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team at Senior Consultant level.What You'll Do
You will help us to serve our clients by bringing significant experience and capability in at least two components of our offer:
- Change management. Taking organisations and their people on a journey of change and helping them to transition from a current to a new state successfully and sustainably.
- Organisational culture. Defining, developing and articulating organisational culture. Designing and implementing initiatives that communicate and embed cultural values, practices and behaviours, aligning them with organisational purpose and strategy to drive performance and effectiveness.
- Workforce and HR. Designing and reshaping organisations to meet the demands of evolving business strategies and of new ways of working. Organisational design and development to support restructuring, functional, digital and cultural transformation, and the resulting actions to enable the organisation to operate and deliver more effectively.
- Leadership excellence. Enabling leaders to shape vision and purpose, exemplify behaviour and articulate success as they lead themselves, their teams and their organisations. Coaching to help new leaders to influence, drive change and communicate effectively. Aligning leaders and managers to build commitment and drive performance. Increasing the impact of leadership and manager communication, internally and externally.
- Learning and capability development. Design, facilitation and delivery of impactful and engaging strategic learning and development solutions at a wide range of levels up to and including C-suite. Training programmes, diagnosis of improvement areas, leadership development, coaching and off-sites.
- Communications and engagement. Helping clients to engage, energise and inspire their people. Developing employee value propositions. Designing and delivering internal communications programmes to Increase engagement and performance and to improve results and outcomes across the organisation.
We provide these services to our clients as they encounter situations that present challenge, risk and opportunity. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how they have applied their skills and knowledge in one or a mix of the following situations:
How You'll Grow
- Transformations and shaping the future of work
- Performance and people improvement
- Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives
- Crisis and disruption
- Corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, integrations and carve-outs
Within the work you will do in the team you will have a wealth of opportunities to:
Basic Qualifications/ Qualifications & Experience
- Bring your ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and to combine strategic oversight with a focus on detail and consistent excellence in execution.
- Take responsibility for strategic consulting and operational support for complex change situations, e.g. culture change, organisational transformation, transitions, merger integrations, carve-outs, restructuring or other similar activities
- Develop team working, collaboration and project management skills through being part of a team of consultants
- Switch between participating in broader teams and leading individually
- Collaborate effectively within different team configurations for the benefit of the client.
- Support the development of other junior members of the team by imparting knowledge and skills
- Develop and design engaging, impactful and sustainable international change communications and development solutions
- Support our profiling and psychometric activities as part of development programmes
- Attend client calls (and when possible meetings) and acting as a point of contact for our clients on a daily basis
- Undertake strategic subject, market and competitor research and other data analytics activities to support our projects and marketing activities
We are excited about talking to candidates who combine a passion and talent for change leadership and people engagement, with proven consulting and communications skills. You will have more experience in some areas of our offer than others, a genuine interest in all of them and real expertise in at least two.
Whether you are currently working in a consulting or a corporate environment, in an HR, change, organisational development or employee engagement role, you will need to demonstrate a commitment to client-focused results, and a team-orientated working style.
You have been working for two to four years as a consultant in a professional services firm - or in an in-house role with responsibilities ranging from HR professional, to driving initiatives to enhance employee engagement and communications or to achieve transformation or change
The successful candidate will display a strong mix of the skills and learning below:
- Work experience appropriate for the position in a communication or management consultancy or a corresponding function on the company side in the areas of leadership, change, HR or internal communications
- Analytical-thinking, problem solving and involvement in the design, development and delivery of practical, impactful solutions for clients either individually or as part of a team
- Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate project and client teams including the management of time, deliverables and workload
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team (often on several projects simultaneously) but is also able to work independently if needed
- Strong communication and presentation - in both written and spoken English
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Business development - including trends analysis, research or support with proposal writing
- Networking and the ability to initiate, develop and broaden a wide range of professional relationships
- Research and practical support in the production of thought leadership papers, points of view documents and website articles
- Degree level qualification - ideally in a related field such as communications and marketing, human resource management, organisational development, occupational psychology/behaviour, corporate responsibility or another related discipline
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-DH1