Who We Are
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be a part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It's this focus that influence the services we provide and decisions we make.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we've introduced Everyday Flexibility, encouraging you to balance work and life. 'Dress for your Day' lets you choose what you feel is appropriate to wear for each working day
PwC is at the forefront of innovation, developing and using new technology (such as our Savings Lab and Enhance platforms) is central to the role. No two client projects are the same and you will need to be able to take your existing knowledge and apply it to new client situations. Recent client projects have included
- Harmonising employee benefits and pension arrangements (including provider selection, broking and asset transition)
- Using data analytics and visualisation to identify themes in employees financial wellbeing and retirement planning
- Auto-enrolment implementation and compliance
- Designing and delivering financial education to employees
- Assisting companies with responding to the changes in pension tax (Lifetime and Annual Allowances)
Our pension team will provide you with an opportunity to broaden your experience in all the areas of work mentioned and others which are yet to be developed. Your responsibilities will include the following
- Dealing with client activity, preparation of reports, communications, provider contracting terms, etc.
- Delegating work and coaching within the P&O team and providing relevant training, guidance and support.
- Being a point of contact with clients and providers, maintaining good relationships and monitoring activity.
- Using the technical skills you have built to date with commercial knowledge and project experience within a challenging environment.
- Maintaining regular contact with internal colleagues and external clients, including active account management.
- Advising businesses as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including other professionals such as Tax, Accounting, HR, wider employee reward and Corporate Finance.
- Working with a diverse team environment in terms of the projects you work on, the clients with whom you develop relationships with and the people you work alongside both internally and externally.
- Undertaking internal risk management activity to support new projects, working with the Client Administrators to ensure all risks are addressed and fees/invoices raised on time.
- Business development support, helping drive client campaigns and proactively driving opportunities.
- Being involved in bringing innovative projects and solutions to the market ahead of our competitors.
- Proactively taking control of your career and your development to take advantage of all of the opportunities PwC offers.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being -
PwC has recently been recognised by ALM Intelligence as a global leader for retirement benefits consulting and we are continuing to invest in our Workplace Savings & Benefits team in the UK, with a particular focus on growing our market share in the South East.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing pensions team as a Workplace Savings & Benefits specialist.
As a Senior Associate, you will be working within the project teams to deliver a range of defined contribution pensions and wider employee benefits projects across the South region. You will be based in our Reading office but should be flexible to work out of London (Embankment Place), Uxbridge or Bristol as the need arises.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of UK pension and auto-enrolment legislation and first-hand knowledge of defined contribution pension, healthcare and risk providers. You should possess good client/provider administration skills, and have experience of working on relevant projects.
You may also possess relevant qualifications, either CII or Pensions Management Institute (PMI) qualifications, or are working towards these qualifications.
Essential skills and experience
- Good knowledge and technical awareness of Employee Benefits - DC Pension, Healthcare and Risk, auto-enrolment (minimum 2 years)
- Working towards (or attained) a relevant qualification - CII or Pensions Management Institute
- Experience in dealing with providers
- Proactive approach
- Keen to learn and develop
- Good Project Management skills
- Good communication skills
- Good relationship builder
- Team player
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfil the role.