Senior Associate, Compliance Policy Framework Job Code:
1122098 Skill Band:
Complaints, Legal & Compliance Location:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
7 Mar 2019 Senior Associate, Compliance Policy Framework One Lime Street, London About Us
The Compliance department plays a vital role in sustaining Lloyd's relationships and credibility with UK and international regulators, setting standards for the Lloyd's market as a compliant and ethical (re)insurer and protecting Lloyd's Brand and reputation.
The role of Compliance is to mitigate the risk to the Society of Lloyd's of legal or regulatory sanction, material financial loss, or loss of reputation as a result of the Corporation or Market's failure to comply with laws, regulations and other administrative provisions. The Role
To, (i) assist with the annual cycle for reviewing and updating the framework of internal policies and procedures to ensure they remain effective, (ii) assist with the Compliance Policy Framework, (iii) assist with the rolling programme of compliance monitoring reviews, including the development of enhancements to compliance monitoring and, (iv) contribute to the leadership and management of the Compliance department, supporting the delivery of Lloyd's strategy and goals. What Will You Do?
Corporation Compliance Policies
- Support the annual cycle for reviewing and updating the framework of internal control policies and procedures other than those owned by the Compliance Department to ensure they remain effective. This includes the following stages in the policy lifecycle:
- Review and approval of requests for new policies.
- Supporting policy owners/authors with the drafting/updating of policies.
- Reviewing draft policies for compliance with the Compliance Policy Framework and policy template.
- Providing review feedback to policy owners/authors and ensuring it is processed.
- Approving the policy, including that the policy governance is in accordance with the Compliance Policy Framework.
- Publishing policies in the Central Policy Library.
- Agreeing uniform communication channels for the publication of new and updated policies.
- Monitoring of compliance with the Compliance Policy Framework.
- Managing requests to retire policies, including the associated communications.
- Support the management and promotion of the Compliance Policy Framework, making recommendations for changes and enhancements to the Framework, as required, and implementing agreed changes to support a strong compliance culture.
Compliance processes and procedures
- Manage a UK and international horizon scanning process, supporting the identification and management of regulatory and legislative change impacting the Corporation's internal control policies and procedures, referring identified issues to policy owners/authors.
- Support the review and development of compliance processes, procedures, reporting and escalation, where possible adopting and utilising technology to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
Corporation Compliance monitoring
What You'll Need
- Support the design and development of a rolling programme of compliance monitoring reviews, including the development of a monitoring toolkit to include templates and an action tracker, other than for those policies owned by the Compliance Department or by international compliance functions.
- Support the design and development of the Compliance oversight over the monitoring programmes for internal control policies and procedures in the UK and internationally, other than those owned by compliance functions.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- The ability to work individually with little supervision and as part of a professional team.
- Clear and concise verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to apply a logical approach.
- Information technology skills.
- A flexible approach to work assignments and the ability to cope with change in a positive and constructive manner.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills together with an analytical mind.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, handle a diverse range of priorities and tasks and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- A good "risk radar" and effective detection/risk escalation strategies.
- Good project management skills.
- Compliance experience.
- Good understanding of the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Knowledge of risk based compliance monitoring.
- Knowledge of drafting and reviewing internal compliance policies.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of Lloyd's and insurance business and markets advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of effective risk management frameworks advantageous.
- Broader knowledge of Lloyd's Risk Governance Structure, Corporation functions and activities of the Compliance department an advantage.
- Experience of risk based compliance monitoring.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing internal compliance policies.
- The ability to project manage aspects of complex projects and workstreams, and lead or manage simpler projects and workstreams.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: