- Salary - between £30,506-to £44,065 (depending on current salary and experience)
- The working hours for this role will include flexible shift working hours between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Saturday
This is a new opportunity to manage a specialist function, you'll be an important member of the operational management team.
You will be able to effectively coach, motivate and inspire a team of agents to get things right first time to ensure we are known for legendary service.
You'll be responsible for an experienced team who will be speaking to our mortgage members in severe financial difficulty, members who need sustainable solutions to repay their mortgages and keep them in their homes. You'll be coaching and challenging agents to hold effective conversations with our members to help us achieve the best member outcome. The team will also be responsible for recommending Litigation and instructing Receivers.
We are looking for someone with a strong business acumen, who enjoys a challenge and whose proactive leadership will help drive performance, whist creating a culture of honesty and support. You will need to be a team player; we are one team supporting and challenging each other to get the best out of our people.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have extensive leadership experience working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrable coaching experience and be able to articulate the benefits of coaching for both the business and the employee.
- Evidence a strong business acumen, an ability to quickly understand and deal with a member or operational situation in a manner that achieves the best outcome.
- Be positive, motivated and have an inspirational approach to getting the best out of your team, you won't be afraid to tackle difficult situations and use your performance management skills to resolve issues and develop the talent on your team.
- Have a highly professional business attitude with the ability to meet deadlines and develop creative solutions that improve performance.
- Be a superb communicator as you articulate the department's needs and our key corporate messages.
- Have a background in effectively managing a high performance team and working towards varied and challenging targets.
- Need well-honed leadership skills and, since much of your success will hinge on your ability to forge and cement strong relationships, you'll need to be a great communicator and influencer who is comfortable working with other team managers and operational support areas, as well as handling senior area team responsibilities.
What you'll be doing
Collections and Recoveries is a fast paced environment that demands a flexible, dynamic approach to work. You will be responsible for a team who ensure we achieve the right outcome for our members
You will be responsible for:
- Leading, developing and coaching team members to enable them to operate to their full potential through effective 1-1's and coaching within allocated budgets
- Develop creative solutions that enable informed decisions to be made that will be viable for the business.
- Delivery of regular, consistent and appropriate communication that ensures teams are kept fully informed and identify when to include your Operational Manager.
- Empowering people to thrive both personally and professionally. Balance their needs as individuals by considering Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all you do and enabling employee wellbeing.
- Manage absence, conduct and capability matters in a timely manner ensuring rapid resolution through corrective actions, in line with HR policy and process.
- Full implementation and execution of required management controls e.g. Control Your Business, Training & Competence and Audit actions to the agreed frequency. Ensure continuous improvement by providing feedback to the support team.
- Work within your peer group to ensure full delivery of departmental Key Performance Indicators and objectives
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we'll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there's life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it's a great place to work, and we're not afraid of giving you praise when you've done well.
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy. We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful. At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.