Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Would you like to participate in ground breaking initiatives related to Transportation? Then, this is the role for you...
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Procurement Manager in our London office. In this role, you will drive the negotiation with key vendors to introduce new services that will support the growth of the Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation network. As part of the Program Development team, you will be responsible for defining, scoping and implementing initiatives that will support the development/build of a carrier pool in alignment with the ATS EU strategy while satisfying performance and budget goals. You will work on defining the business strategy to transform the current transportation environment while influencing Senior Leadership on the direction for the Middle Mile business.
• The Principal Procurement Manager drives strategy, prioritizes projects/initiatives and feature sets, as well as align and sets stakeholders expectations for Amazon. This requires interaction with Amazon's WW operations and technical teams.
• You will develop the procurement strategy to engage and negotiate with large vendors to introduce new services.
• You will have the full ownership of a program from the scoping/creation until the implementation.
• You will work closely with a team of Sr. Program and Product Managers to drive the collection and implementation of requirements, ensure alignment with corporate objectives and contractual obligations.
• You will need to define, prioritize and plan the resources and technical requirements needed for programs to be delivered on time.
• You will write and review business cases, perform supporting research and analysis, write specifications, and drive the product development from design to release.
• You will be required to have clear, precise, and regular communication with all stakeholders. This includes ongoing project/program status reports as well as capturing requirements.
• You will retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems.
• You will monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program.
• Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
The ideal candidate has proven experience working within procurement departments closely related to the transportation industry. Experience on sales, and/or product development is also highly recommended, as far as within the transportation sector. The candidate should have at least 10 years of Procurement experience, including, at least, 6 years of project Management experience.
• Experience in Transportation, Freight Forwarding and Logistics is required
• Candidates must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
• Liaising and collaborating with external partners will also require negotiation skills.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Fluency in English and one more European language is required
• Academic focus on Operations Management, Engineering or MBA.
• Proficiency in SQL is desired.
• Fluency in additional European languages is a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.