We are seeking to recruit a Principal Fire Safety Design Engineer
to join our Rail building services team based in London. Experience in delivering building services projects within rail is a must. About Arcadis:
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. About The Role:
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will provide the technical solution for assigned projects ensuring successful delivery. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis' services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and give you the best possible chance of success.Responsibilities:
\t Essential Experience:
To undertake fire system design on UK and international projects with a good understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
Delivery of allocated technical assignments including authoring Fire Strategy, Fire System design including detection, alarm and hydrant
To undertake consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches.
To undertake design checks and reviews before issue
Provide technical leadership to the assigned project/s
Maintain good relationships with client's key representative, and contribute to the marketing/networking of the company to potential customers
Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, bringing market intelligence, skill development, mentoring and bringing required talent
Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
Rise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to fire engineering within the team
Ensure consistent high-quality design delivery
Help generate repeat business from both internal and external client
Cross sale Arcadis wide capabilities to the clients
\t Why Arcadis?
- Extensive fire safety design experience in design consultancy environment\t
\t• Proven experience in authoring Fire Strategy including balance recommendation of passive and active provisions to achieve compliant and safe solution
- Hand-on experience and knowledge of Fire System design including detection, alarm and Fire hydrant. The sprinkler and gaseous system design experience will be added advantage \t
- Good understanding of the legislations (incl FSO, Building Regulations etc), London Underground, Network Rail and British Standard including BS EN 9999, BS 5839, BS 5306, BS EN 12845, etc \t
- Experience in working with the rail environment is essential. Aviation and data centre experience will be added advantage \t
- Be a competent user of office IT and design tools i.e. NBS/NES, AECOSim, Revit etc \t
- Stakeholder management skills and a can-do attitude \t
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in proactive way \t
- Capable of working under pressure and on several projects simultaneously \t
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment and bring value from assimilated wider knowledge of other disciplines \t
- Able to see wider picture outside own discipline in project and business context, is essential \t
- Financial awareness is essential for the role \t
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential \t
- Able to understand and express technical concepts in written and verbal language \t
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills \t
- Be willing to be mobile, travel within the UK and abroad for project related work when required
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- BEng/BScDegree qualified in Fire / Electrical / Mechanical / Building ServicesEngineering; MEng / MSc preferred
- CharteredEngineer (CEng)