Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof.
We are seeking a Civil, Structural, Landscape, Architect (CSLA) Design professional to support our Design and Engineering Team within the Delivery Team. You will report to the Head of Design/CSLA, part of the Design and Engineering Team of the Major Builds Delivery Team in Colt DCS.
You will play a leading role in the delivery of the CSLA design, managing external engineering consultants and contractors to meet programme, design and other requirements for the successful delivery of the project and to achieve cost effective and resilient infrastructures.
You will apply a commercial approach in all aspects of the work including design, engineering and construction, working with other engineering functions, Procurement and Delivery to ensure that the procurement of all items is conducted on the most cost effective basis. This procurement should, where possible, cover not just initial acquisition costs but also total cost of ownership.
You will also actively participate to the team workload to ensure that all project documentation internal governance approvals are completed in a detailed and timely fashion.
The CSLA Senior Architect will be required to analyse, review and approve design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data submitted for Colt DCS review on BIM 360 Platform and to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
The ideal candidate should have strong design management skills, a proven track record in CSLA design delivery and a strong background in all aspects of Civil, Structural, Landscape design & Architecture.
A thorough understanding of site planning and interdependent disciplines, such as mechanical and electrical systems and project delivery processes needed to support our growing portfolio of Data Centres, is strongly desired.
This person shall be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and be a self-starter that can excel with little direction.
You will be required to steer and guide the external Design Consultants and Contractors, to ensure they deliver a design to meet the requirements of the Design Brief, periodically assessing and evaluating all project related design decisions presented by consultants and contractors with support if required from Senior DCS staff.
You will also provide engineering support to Senior staff to define site specific conditions, infrastructure design, costs and liaison with local authorities.
You will support Sales requests and liaise with customers to develop specific project design requirements, as well as liaise and collaborate with other Colt engineering teams and stakeholders, providing support as and when required.
You should manage the Design Programme to ensure on time creation and review of Employers Requirements (ER's), tender information and design documentation issued for planning and Construction.
You will work hand-in-hand with our senior staff, delivery managers, general contractors and subcontractors to deliver projects during construction and ensure projects are fully documented and closed out, but also supporting the Project managers to drive project programmes while working closely with the other design Engineers and construction teams to ensure milestones and completion dates are on track.
• RIBA Part 2 Minimum Registered Architect
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Architecture
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Mission Critical facility, healthcare, laboratories, industrial or aerospace industry, design, construction, operations, and/or maintenance
• Client's representative experience
• Working at Senior/Principal level for design consultancy or contracting firm.
• LEED/BREEAM accreditation preferred
• Fluent in English; preferred other languages like French, German, Japanese.
• Working knowledge of the design and technical principles of HVAC, Electrical and BMS/EPMS systems
Essential Skills and Experience
• Experience with industry standards, building codes and safety standards
• Experience with BIM360, Revit/BIM and Bluebeam
• Experience improving cost assessment and design through different applications
• Experience with cross-discipline teams to design critical facility systems
• Experienced in ASHRAE Testing and Commissioning Levels and Commissioning Planning of mission critical systems.
• Experience during the early site selection, Massing, design and procurement phases of new build and existing mission critical facilities.
• Proven experience of writing feasibility studies, design briefs, policy statements and guidance documents
• Direct experience of conducting site reviews
• Good understanding of Construction Contracts.
• Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
• Good understanding of Design Consultants appointments.
• Excellent working knowledge of Design Management processes.
• Experience with formal change management processes
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative.
• Must have the ability to work accurately under pressure.
• Must be able to operate in an open management style and structure with an emphasis on team working and within a global matrix
• Excellent Time Management Skills.
• Ability to travel at short notice to visit project's sites or existing facilities across the globe.
• Excellent communication skills verbally and written.
• Interact with CSA and MEP consultancies, and other design partners to deliver world class data centre facilities.
• Provide technical design support to both sales and local operations teams. Work with peers in other regions to ensure consistency and technical excellence on design and delivery practices and methodologies
• Think and act in a global manner, ensuring design decisions are developed and discussed with more senior staff to ensure appropriateness on a global basis.
• Maintain and deploy technical expertise in Industry best practices and Colt policy requirements.
• Support Colt's aims to always improve Health and Safety at all stages of DCS projects.
• Support Sales and Operations activities requiring the involvement of Technical Infrastructure. What we offer:
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace