Wealthify is an ambitious, multi-award-winning online investment company located in Penarth, Wales. We're here to inspire anyone to build their future wealth, and we do this by making investing easy, affordable, and accessible.
We want to inspire as many people to invest as possible. We're rapidly growing, and so we're hiring talented people who are purpose driven and want to use and develop their skills to deliver an awesome experience to our customers.
Our team is engaging, inquisitive, and inclusive, reflecting many different beliefs and backgrounds. We welcome people who can bring diversity to our team, and work towards a shared goal to deliver an exceptional investment experience.
What your job will be
We are looking for a motivated Power BI Developer to create and manage Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions at Wealthify, primarily using Power BI.
A talent for problem-solving is also a must - the role requires someone who will improve our business intelligence systems to allow the business to make the correct decisions with all available data.
You will have responsibility for designing, developing, and maintaining standard and ad-hoc reports and dashboards, working with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
The role will require you to source and analyse data from company databases and third-party sources, and work with our Data Science function to improve product development, marketing techniques and business strategies, by delivering new insights and intelligence.
Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week, with scope for flexible working (core hours are 9:30 - 4:30pm).
What we're looking for
We value simplicity, communication, teamwork, trust, and confidence. These core values are what make us tick and keep us all on the same page - not just with how we work individually, but how we engage with each other and the service we offer.
We don't need you to tick all these boxes (in fact we'd encourage you to apply even if you don't!), but this gives you an idea of what we are looking for:
- Experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Modelling Techniques
- Proven track record of delivering business intelligence solutions
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft BI Stack:
- Azure SQL, including T-SQL queries, views, stored procedures
- SSAS / Power BI Data Modelling
- SSRS / Paginated Reports
- Power BI (including DAX, Power Query, Dataflows, Premium features)
- ETL and Data Ingestion (e.g., Microsoft Flow/Power Automate, Azure Data Factory)
- Effective report and dashboard design and data visualisation skills (e.g., report layout, bookmarks, advanced navigation, filters, branding and experience)
- Knowledge and experience working with databases, including optimising storage and query performance
- The ability to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Experience working with data from external sources (e.g., Google Analytics, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
Proven ability to take initiative and be innovative
What we give you in return
Competitive salary up to £45,000.
24 days holiday a year - plus bank holidays (you will earn an extra day holiday for each full year you're with us, up to 28 days).
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working from home, and all interviews will be carried out remotely. Our offices have recently been refurbished to allow for collaborative working once we can return, although there is scope for remote working where the role and team deliveries allow.
And we have plenty of perks too!
- Annual bonus between 0-20% of your annual salary which is linked to both the company and individual performance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service Cover (X3 your annual salary)
- Income Protection Insurance
- Company Pension Plan
- Healthify - a team to support the health and wellbeing of all staff at Wealthify
- Ministry of Fun - providing plenty of social activities and events throughout the year
- Brand new offices in the picturesque Penarth Marina
- Free office gym
- Free parking nearby
- A collaboration space and games room
- We're a responsible company and are constantly working to improve our culture, ethics, impact on the environment, and our contribution to charitable causes