A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
The Operations Consulting team at PwC advises leading Private sector organisations. Our ambition is to be the pre-eminent advisors recognised for delivering sustainable value to our clients. Our engagements incorporate strategy definition, customer transformation, market assessment, operating model design, process re-engineering, through to complex change programmes and implementation
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the team
PwC's Consulting Practice has ambitious growth plans and this team is at the heart of this growth. Our team work off an enormously strong client platform with strong board level commitment to this growth agenda. We can offer a broad position to successful applications including some cross sector work and some international assignments.
Our experienced team have an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to major international clients.
About the role
Our people are experienced process and performance improvement consultants, using a range of analytics and improvement techniques to improve our clients' operational performance. You will be playing a key role as part of a highly skilled, specialist team within a wider group of operations and consulting professionals. At the same time, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Experience of designing and reviewing processes from an operating model perspective, identifying opportunities for efficiency gains, process improvement and transformation
- Experience of new process-focused technologies such as Robotics and AI
- Experience of building sustainable client relationships and to be recognised and respected by clients and colleagues as a knowledgeable, valued and trusted professional
- Experience of interpreting clients strategic, operational and external drivers for change, gaining respect, building trust and inspiring clients by anticipating their needs and exceeding expectations within the financial services industry
- Experience of generating a vision and leading teams, establishing direction and motivating people to focus efforts and build commitment towards achieving business goals
- Experience of being a highly effective developer of people by making time to coach, mentor and develop others
Amount of time client based (90%)
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
Opportunity for flexible working (Yes)