In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job DutiesPMC Branch Ireland Operational Oversight.
Oversee all elements of operational oversight in PMC Ireland Branch, undertaking control activities to limit business risk. Management Information and Board Reporting.
Produce management information, internal risk management papers and Board reports for PMC Ireland Branch. Deliver comprehensive, professional and accurate data, which can guide policy and governance across the schemes, to ensure strong operational control. Breach Oversight.
Maintain logs and investigate potential breaches of investment mandates and CBOI regulations, liaising closely with fund managers, trustees and custodians to ensure swift and accurate resolution of breaches, with future preventative measures implemented. Valuation Oversight.
Undertake operational controls to verify the integrity of daily valuations on behalf of PMC Ireland Branch proactively identifying areas of concern, and enhance procedures where weaknesses or potential efficiencies are identified.
Apply a detailed understanding of financial markets, complex market instruments and practices, and product features, such that the oversight of valuations can be conducted in a controlled manner. Delegate Oversight.
Oversee PMC Ireland Branch's delegates including Administrators, Depositary and Investment Managers ensuring each performs to required and contractual agreements. Produce reports on delegate performance. Skills Required
- Detailed knowledge of the outsourced schemes, the financial markets in which they operate, and financial instruments.
- Good understanding of fund investments, oversight structure and interested stakeholders in business model, such that the job holder can act as a source of expertise in answering technical questions from all parties.
- Understand the risks in the daily operation of the schemes, how the risks are mitigated and controlled, and ensure stakeholders are both aware of, and contribute to the success of that oversight.
- Working knowledge of governance structures and required regulatory oversight, implicit in FCA, CBoI and CSSF regulatory environment.
- Ability to understand the context of Fund Operations oversight in the wider environment, thus having an appreciation of inter-relationships and knock-on impacts of events within the funds.
- Can manipulate data and isolate, audit, interrogate and interpret data, which is incorrect or unusual. A large degree of initiative and instinct is required, together with ability to suggest solutions.
- Strong ability to communicate and influence on technical issues, to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Able to discuss non-compliance of regulations with investment managers, trustees, auditors and accountants.
- Ability to build strong relationships and actively engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to investigate technical queries, sourcing a wide range of information to provide a comprehensive, clear and unequivocal response.
- Able to consider different ways of resolving or responding to a technical query or complaint, by understanding available data sources, literature, and market information, thus providing a superior quality response.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you, ensuring that your work will be rewarded when you join us.