Posted on June 13, 2019
Term: Permanent Practice group: Real Estate Location: Milton Keynes Purpose of role
A fantastic role has arisen to provide post completion administrative support to the Real Estate department in our Milton Keynes office.
The team works on a wide variety of real estate transactions, both domestic UK transactions and supporting activities of the firm's global clients. We deliver a client-focused responsive service for blue chip clients who expect the highest quality, great value and the delivery of excellent work. They, and we, expect our lawyers to be specialists in their sectors, and to be pro-active and commercially minded.
The team is a Tier 1 practice with enviable clients and reputation, and is looking to grow that reputation by appointing the best candidates who have a drive and enthusiasm for their work which will reflect on their approach to our clients.
Significant clients include: Sainsbury's, Taylor Wimpey, Virgin, Network Rail, Barclays, Avis Budget Group, Zolfo Cooper, Sports Direct and many more developers, landowners, retailers and property companies
- Filing, photocopying, printing, scanning and archiving documents
- Basic diary management on outlook
- Answering telephone calls, relaying/updating the appropriate individual
- Assisting legal secretaries
- Printing billing guides using webview
- Updating InterAction, inputting contacts and client data
- Assisting with Land Registry searches
- Follow-up on outstanding documents
- Dealing with post completion matters
- Delivering post to the team
- Sending letters by Recorded/Special Delivery and through internal mail
- Sending Letters out by Courier
- Sending payments/Cheques out
- Booking meetings and desks
- Send requests to open a data room/ Sending invites for data rooms
- Adding documents to a data room
- Preparing engagement letters
- Preparing Sealing Authorities
- Print and binding engrossments
- Preparing & sending engrossments out
- Sending monthly reports/ Trackers
- Assisting in project work
- Updating schedules/creating new deeds packets
- Archiving documents
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Composed and professional telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Able to use own initiative and work calmly under pressure
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a willingness to learn
- A keen interest in conveyancing
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with Partners and professionals across the firm
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to interact positively at all levels and a good team player
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work; professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact Jo Wilson at +44 20 7320 6766 or by email email@example.com
No agencies please
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.