There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
The purpose of this role is to play a key part in shaping the strategic direction within the customer, product and market strategy of the business, the Market Analyst will support the development of the Dixons Carphone customer and product strategies through analysing the market share positions across all major products, competitors and locations, generating market share reports and supporting product teams with insight on competitive position of their products.
As we continue our transformation plan to help 'Everybody Enjoy Amazing Technology' and putting the customer at the centre of the decision making process we are transforming the planning and analytical toolkits which are used by the business to make decisions around product pricing, ranging and promotional activity. One of the major sources that informs these decisions is market share information that we source from our strategic partner.
The market analyst role is strategically important in providing the key inputs to our external partner: product hierarchies and key features, and their mapping to the wider product lists collated by our partner from the rest of the market. The analyst will be responsible for producing periodic market share reports and providing specific and highly focussed analyses. These analyses can include:
- comparative analyses of DC's products against those of competitors;
- changes in market share over time and analysis of drivers causing them
- by working with the pricing and promotional analysts - modelling likely response of the market to changes in prices and launch of promotional campaignsetc
The role will involve working closely with the Commercial and product teams across both the Currys PCWorld and Carphone Warehouse, the BI team (on-shore and off-shore) as well as external partners.As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working with the product teams to develop and maintain product hierarchy and work with our partners to ensure that the report structure and granularity meet the business needs.
- Building periodic market share reports using data structuring, modelling and visualisation techniques.
- Generating market share analyses and thought leadership for individual products and brands; work with product teams to educate them on the key drivers of changes in the size of the market and market shares of DC and its competitors.
- Collating and analysing complex business and commercial information from internal and external sources.
- Ability to find, analyse and triangulate all sources of data available
- Ability to analyse complex problems and deliver insightful and practical solutions
- Ability to communicate those insights in a clear, concise manner both verbal and in writing
- Exquisite attention to detail to ensure zero defect in analysis
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.