- Supervise, participate and contribute toward the attainment of engagement goals through communicating effectively with appropriate client service team members and providing timely, continual and constructive on-the-job feedback and performance reviews.
- Contribute to managing retention rates.
- Provide counselling support to more junior members of the team, as appropriate, in accordance with the firm's performance management approach.
- Support, or serve as, the program leader in managing the firm's professional development seminars and courses.
- Support and supervise practice-wide activities such as recruiting learning and other people initiatives.
Quality & Risk Management
- Manage team activities to ensure compliance with EY risk management policies and procedures and manage engagement administration.
- Ensure all time bookings are accurately and timely and achieve chargeable hours target. Be responsible for effective management of engagement financials, cash collection and partner review of significant invoices. Ensure timely invoice production.
- Identify business opportunities and manage client pursuits.
- Leverage external knowledge sources to connect client issues and business factors. Sharing best practices, thought leadership and global offerings with clients.
- Have knowledge of industry and client business issues and challenges that drive opportunity. Support the development of account planning strategies with business development teams and contribute to thought leadership.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other EY team members, individuals in other departments, client peers and in the community.
- Effectively build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients through sharing insight on best practice, competitive landscape and industry standards in the immigration community.
- Develop and manage work plans for client teams, aligned with the engagement scope. To include: objectives, timelines, milestones, priorities, team member responsibilities, work products, and engagement economics. Coach and develop team members and provide guidance for further development needs.
- Confidently apply ETC GI project management standards and tools to projects as instructed meeting client and team expectations.
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering high quality client service by taking responsibility of the quality of the work product of more junior members of the team and providing guidance, expertise and review where appropriate.
- Work towards the optimal outcome for the relevant stakeholders.
- Review documents prepared by junior team members for submission to immigration authorities and client.
- Review and accurately interpret information in order to deliver practical and suitable conclusions and recommendations to clients.
- Serve as a trusted business advisor for clients and EY to immigration authorities and government officials.
- Ensure timely responses from the team on day-to-day client liaison and provide and review appropriate responses to questions raised by client as necessary.
- Manage team's responsibility of maintaining applicants' status and information in our technology tracking system.
Skills and experience required for the Manager role
- A number of years professional experience with relevant business immigration experience required, specifically within Tier 2.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good stakeholder management skills.
- Very good organisation skills with ability to plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, monitor budget and manage multiple small scale projects.
- Strong IT skills, including very good MsOffice (Word, Excel and Power Point), BIT and local visa preparation software.
- Excellent level of attention to detail with sound business judgement.
- Client driven with strategic and commercial awareness.
- Very good presentation skills.
- Experience managing a team of junior members and creating, sustaining, leading and coaching teams while working as an enthusiastic member of the team.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of immigration concepts and issues and pro-actively research current immigration developments and creatively apply immigration and HR knowledge to client situations. Review and approve basic immigration advisory work.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.