Lloyd's Brussels - IT Support Analyst Job Code:
1114928 Skill Band:
Permanent Date Posted:
8 Apr 2019 Lloyd's Brussels IT Support Analyst
Are you ready to take your career in insurance to the next level?
Have you always dreamed of helping to build a company from the beginning?
... then look no further!
Lloyd's is the worlds' oldest and most famous insurance market. With expertise earned over centuries, we develop complex insurance need to empower human progress everywhere. In order to ensure access to the European market for all its stakeholders, Lloyd's has established an insurance company in Brussels.
This offers many advantages for our EU27 partners and provides us with a tremendous opportunity to grow. As Lloyd's accelerates its own digital transformation, our subsidiary will be at the forefront of our modernisation drive to deliver the most innovative services to our EU27 clients.
Technology will drive business value for Lloyd's Brussels and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcing.
Lloyds Brussels has a distributed technology support system where primary support is provided by Lloyds of London Group Technology teams augmented by application support from several third party suppliers. Lloyds Brussels needs a single point of technology contact who can coordinate and manage all the different technology components and suppliers to enable a seamless technology support platform for the business users.What will you do?
- Responding to requests via telephone, email, portal, in person, and incident logging tools you will be responsible for providing:
- Triage all technology issues and requests from users and decide most appropriate route to resolution
- Act a onsite technical liason between the Brussels office and 3 rd party service provider to ensure services are delivered in line with Lloyd's processes and standards
- Excellent customer service and timely resolution for assigned 1st or 2nd line incidents and requests related to the working Lloyd's environment
- Escalate calls and work with 3rd line support teams to ensure effective resolution
- Informed and periodic communication with customers of all levels in regard to their respective request
- Work with Lloyds Group Technology Service Management and Lloyd's Brussels Operations to create new processes or manage and improve established processes where appropriate
- Coordinate changes and releases for the Brussels office, act as a technical resource for implementations.
- Test solutions to ensure that both changes and new deliveries meet the business needs and expectations.
- Monitor daily performance to identify server management problems using appropriate software tools.
- Acting as a resource on Lloyd's Group Technology projects relating to Lloyd's Brussels
- To ensure effective communication between Lloyds Group Technology Service Management and customers (for example; service outages, progress of incidents, requests, small changes, resourcing issues etc.)
- To continuously identify areas for improvement within Service Management,Group Technology and Lloyd's Brussels in general, and drive through implementation of improvement initiatives
What do you need?
- To conduct trend analysis in conjunction with the Service Management team to improve the effectiveness of the Technology Department
- To identify opportunities for automation to reduce manual effort, improve quality, reduce costs, and/or reduce time to delivery, where appropriate
- To promote new Service Management and Group Technology initiatives
- Conceptual Thinking Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences
- Cross-Functional and Inter-Disciplinary Awareness Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Flexibility Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly
- Information Acquisition Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps
- Organisational Awareness Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers
- Configuration Management Aware of the control and management of IT assets (or configuration items) including hardware, software, documentation, services, suppliers and network facilities by the use and application of strict change management and recording
- Customer Service Techniques Proficient in Techniques for ensuring that full account is taken of customers' real and stated needs in the delivery of products and services
- Also, the ability to present and communicate with staff up to Director level.
- Must have a good working experience of automated Service Management / Service Desk toolsets.
- Efficient call management skills
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an asset
- Experience of working in a support capacity in a "hands-on" role, providing support to both internally developed and third party provided applications and Infrastructure.
- Virtualisation technologies inc. vmWare and Hyper-V
- Awareness of the ITIL framework
Active Directory Management
Basic experience of working within Windows Server 2008/12/16, Windows 10, MS SQL 2008-2016
What we offer
- Must have experience within a customer facing IT support environment and will be required to have a sound level of technical skills (ITIL qualifications or equivalent) to support customers in a fast changing environment.
- Service Delivery experience
- 5 years experience working in a ITLT based service environment
- Experience in Service Lifecycle
- Broad knowledge of technology infrastructure that Lloyd's has implemented to underpin its application development.
- Working in a Insurance or financial industry
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to be involved in a unique move, that will influence the European insurance market for years to come
Interested? Then don't hesitate, apply right now!
For further details about the role, please e-mail BelgiumCareers@lloyds.com or apply directly at https://www.lloyds.com/lloyds/careers