Job Description Lead Planner Derby
As a Lead Planner you will be joining our Core Production Capability (CPC) Programme Team within Rolls-Royce Submarines Business in Derby.
In his role you will be responsible for planning key activities and milestones to support the delivery of our CPC Contract. As part of a team within the CPC CFBU, the Lead Planner will define standards, scheduling governance and assurance, implement the APly planning process and maintain Primavera P6 for the assigned work scope.
You will interface with the work scope stakeholders (Control Account community) to provide guidance support and monitoring throughout the programme lifecycle, providing accurate and timely management information to the Programme Management Team.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.Key Accountabilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Actively facilitate development and ensure the on-going maintenance of the programme schedule (Integrated Milestone Plan and Integrated Master Schedule).
- Work with the Control Account and Programme teams and key stakeholders to ensure that a credible schedule is created and maintained using Primavera P6.
- Ensure that the scope of work being planned is fully logic linked with the wider work scope, undertake tracking and maintain dependencies, identifying and reporting deviations and triggering exception reports as appropriate.
- Collect programme status information to maintain and update schedules and issue management information as required. This will require schedule variance analysis, identification of schedule risks, issues and opportunities together with Critical Path Analysis.
- Update progress against the schedule and reforecast as required. Deliver status reports in a timely manner including but not limited to milestone slippage, critical path analysis, resource demand/availability.
- Usage of Earned Value Management techniques and Implementation of governance and assurance regime.
- Maintain and control the schedule baseline. This will require the development of the schedule Performance Measurement Baseline [PMB] with the project team and the on-going management of it through the change control process.
- Experience of working in an Integrated Project Team environment ideally gained within the engineering/manufacturing sector
- Working towards a related professional qualification (APM) or entry level qualification (HND or Foundation Degree) or equivalent
- Experience of developing schedules of work involving multiple projects using Primavera P6
- Demonstrate a positive 'can do' attitude to deliver on promises and commitments
- Adapt to changes in the working environment, managing competing demands to make the best use of time and resources; experience of managing a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to deliver accurate work within service level agreements and use initiative to work through issues and barriers
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.Closing Date:
23 August 2019Job Category
Project Management Posting Date
09 Aug 2019; 00:08