We are currently recruiting for a Lead Java Developer to join our Agile focused Digital Development Team with an emphasis on frontend development. This is an exceptional opportunity in the design and development of JEE architected financial software in a fast-paced environment.
The team is responsible for development of our direct digital products and as the Lead Java Developer you will work with the Software Development Manager to deliver quality software solutions. The two main objectives of the role are to deliver technical features as agreed with the Business Analyst and Product Owner, along with mentoring and guiding other team members on how to deliver high quality software.
As the Lead Java Developer, you will be giving the opportunity to work on a variety of different products and development stacks. In addition to managing 3-4 direct reports, utilise your technical capabilities to overcome challenges during delivery, identify a solution and drive the vision of how the problem will be solved. Responsibilities in the role:
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Prioritisation of the team's work enable effective dispute resolution
- Develop accurate estimates and adopt responsibility for delivering to agreed timescales
- Lead the team's development and unit testing of high-quality software, adhering to development life cycle practices and in accordance with internally defined processes and procedures
- Maintain software accurately and adhere to change and version control standards
- Set out the direction on visualization of deliverables
- Collaborates with Product Owner and business stakeholders to ensure that the teams' work meets the business objectives
What will you get for this role?
- Experience with leading an Agile team
- Ability to break out the larger piece of work into small testable, independent stories
- Have an Agile and Lean software development approach
- Exploratory Testing techniques
- Strong knowledge of some of these specific technologiesis ideal:
- Java, including JEE technologies such as JSP, JDBC, JNDI
- Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- AWS: CloudFormation, EC2, S3, EMR, ECS, ECR, CodeDeploy, Autoscale, Cloudwatch
- Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, JUnit, Eclipse, Subversion, Jenkins
- Integration:technologies such as SOAP, REST and WS standards
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org