Demonstrate your passion for client delivery while making an immediate impact. You'll learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one.
Insurance is an incredibly diverse marketplace with a rich history of helping people and businesses assess the risks they could face. Insurance touches the lives of everyone and allows us to operate secure in the knowledge that should the worst happen we will have the support we need.
FINEX is the specialist team within Willis Towers Watson focussing on placing Directors & Officers Liability, Professional Indemnity, Pension Trustee Liability, Prospectus Liability, Crime and Cyber Insurance. The Role
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 4 Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Responsibilities will include:
Training & Qualifications
- Working within the Project Finance team and based in our London office, you will make and maintain contact with key project finance lenders in the UK and elsewhere around the world.
- Preparing proposals in response to bid requests and negotiating terms of consultancy assignments.
- Undertake insurance due diligence consultancy assignments in accordance with the agreed scope of work. This is likely to involve:
- Attendance at meetings with bankers, project sponsors and legal advisers (mainly internationally recognised firms) and borrower's representatives and their advisers including many of the world's foremost legal and technical specialists.
- Researching technical aspects of insurance for specific projects and liaising with technical specialists within the Group
- Preparation of insurance reports
- Giving written and verbal advice to lenders on the insurance aspects arising out of their loans
- Presentations to lenders
- Negotiating with the project company's placing brokers
- Ensure that the services delivered to clients meet the working practices and standards set by the Project Finance team in London.
- Manage fee transactions
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019. Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including subjects such as English and/or Maths
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal professionally with internal and external contacts
- Provide excellent client service
- Ability to analyse situations and provide recommendations
- Ability to negotiate premiums and coverage with insurers on behalf of clients
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Keen eye for detail
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.