Fancy a role in Learning & Development? We're currently recruiting for an Instructional Designer to come and join our diverse team of L&D professionals.
Our L&D team is at the start of a fantastic journey, together we are energised to support the Society in creating an empowering learning organisation. If you like variety, are curious and flexible, then we've got loads to keep you interested! Our team and these roles require flexibility across a multiple of areas, offering opportunities to support different communities within the society. At times you might need to use your consulting and influencing skills in the creation of innovative learning solutions to enable the business to change and grow or you might be developing learning solutions enabling the induction and development of our front-line colleagues and leaders across our Retail Branch Network, our multi-site Contact Centres and Regulated Advice, so that we can continue to deliver Legendary Service to our Members.
....and if that isn't enough, we are in the exciting stages of transforming our approach to learning and expanding our expertise in a range of learning methods and learning technologies, maximising modern techniques and campaigns so that any learning solution we create, is sustainable and Built to Last.
Within L&D, change is constant, and this role may require you to adapt to new surroundings as demand shifts. In an organisation that is 'always on' - this role certainly isn't 9-5 or based in one location. You'll get back what you put in with support in whatever role you are doing, including a robust development plan and investment in your professional development if you want it.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Expert knowledge of blended learning provision (including digital and / or virtual classroom and / or classroom learning).
- An understanding and experience of working with a generic Learning Management System to optimise the delivery of blended learning solutions and business requirements.
- Experience in the provision of a wide portfolio of digital and blended learning and design.
- Experience of working across the full training cycle, with an understanding of the current and emerging learning and development trends
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to create impact and credibility and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Expert working knowledge and experience of industry best practice authoring tools including Storyline, Lectora and Captivate as well as common standards and formats (HTML, SCORM etc).
- An ability to work with graphics and image software i.e. Photoshop and a good working knowledge of audio and video files e.g. Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent writing, editing and layout skills used to compose a range of materials (e.g. instructional text, storyboards, etc.) in a variety of contexts and tones.
- Excellent planning, organisational and project management skills.
- Commercial awareness, to ensure a business focus to learning delivery, and experience of positively challenging to reach successful outcomes.
- An ability to interpret complex information quickly and accurately and present information in a logical and easy to understand way.
- A desire to keep up to date with learning trends and innovations in the wider L & D profession, and the ability to use this to enrich the learner experience
- Be open-minded, curious and brave - oh and have fun along the way!
It would also be great if you have:
- An NVQ4 in Learning and Development or Certificate in Learning & Development Practice or relevant business/professional qualification, and/or a willingness to study towards additional qualifications if needed.
- Experience in social-collaborative learning methodologies and of designing learning content and activities appropriate to the context of the mobile user.
What you'll be doing
In the Design & Innovation team your focus will be on the creation and design of blended learning content across multiple areas of the Society, as well as helping us move our modern design capabilities forward by trying new things, supporting the adoption of new learning tools and technologies and being a champion for our modern learning approach.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we'll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you'll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.