Please note that this is a fixed term contract position until December 2021.
ECC are working on an exciting, challenging and ambitious programme to modernise our enterprise resource planning systems, council wide, and are looking for someone to help us on the journey for the HR and Payroll workstream.
The HR Technology Analyst will be responsible for assisting the implementation of the HR stream of the Corporate System Programme. The role will work as part of a team to ensure the benefit of the new technology is maximised, delivering quality and innovation and help mould the business approach and deliver great results in the rollout of Oracle Cloud. This role will be critical in enabling a collaborative approach to partnership working with our implementation supplier, delivery managers and the programme team.
The role will also require exceptional analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. The role will be required to develop an in depth understanding of both the HR function and Oracle Cloud in order to assist with building and mapping requirements to the new functionality and ultimately helping to roll out the system to the business and helping business users to understand technology change. Service/Functional Accountabilities
• Work closely with all members of the HR & Payroll workstream, leading on or contributing to deliverables, ensuring that outcomes are on time and of a high quality.
• Accountable for joining up deliverables across the HCM & Payroll modules, ensuring one point of contact for our system implementors. This means taking ownership for the coordination of project information across multiple modules.
• Responsible for the delivery of programme assurance to the process owner, tracking business lead activity as well as articulating project risk or issues, ensuring that all risks have mitigating action.
• Responsible for project updates including HCM/Payroll to relevant Functional Leadership Teams and other senior stakeholders across the business.
• Responsible for the creation, development, design and delivery of project KPIs and any associated benefits, this will mean a good understanding of business process improvements enabled through new technology.
• Link with programme team members across the other workstreams within Finance & Procurement to ensure cross functional alignment and build and maintain relationships, ensuring that core HR decision points are supported by decisions made in other workstreams.
• Work with business design & continuous improvement teams as well as change management and learning & talent to ensure a successful delivery of interconnected corporate systems with a focus on HR & Payroll and ensuring delivery of identified benefits
• Proactively recommend, support and embrace changes in the programme and contribute to implementing innovative/continuous improvement to business process.
• Responsible for the translation of technical vocabulary and knowledge into understandable business language to drive up the functions' knowledge and appreciation of the capability of available technologies.
• Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.Knowledge, skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
• Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
• Significant experience in successfully delivering high quality, complex interpretation and analysis of data that impacts on strategic decision making - within local government or a public sector setting is desirable.
• Evidence of Excellent understanding of HR and Payroll processes and experience of implementing HR and Payroll systems or similar.
• Minimum of 1 full life cycle in a support, business analyst or consultancy role with Oracle HCM Cloud as the preferred technology.
• Experience of working in a project / programme environment with demonstrable knowledge of change management, business process re-engineering processes and the stages and phases of project and programme management. Able to identify risks and issues and create mitigation plans.
• Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, a result orientated approach and continually seeking to improve. Able to demonstrate good learning agility through the ability to develop skills and experience within role.
• Knowledge of data protection, information governance and associated requirements.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.