Overview Financial Lines Senior Underwriter, Management Liability - London
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
Are you interested in working for the world's largest publicly listed property & casualty insurer, with offices in 54 countries and territories?
If you are a highly experienced Underwriter or Senior Underwriter in the Management Liability market, we would love to hear from you.
You will join the London Branch, Management Liability team as a Senior Underwriter. This is a large and experienced team of market leaders, working on a broad portfolio of business from UK mid-market to large US listed organisations. You will report into the London Branch Management Liability Manager.
As a senior underwriter, you will have both personal and collective responsibility for the growth and profitability of the Management Liability product suite and will work with brokers throughout the London national and independent broker market. This role involves the underwriting of new business and renewals in line with Management Liability appetite, as well as maintaining and developing valuable broker relationships.
This is largely a primary or lead position portfolio requiring a highly technical approach to risk evaluation and the ability to articulate the strength of our offering directly to our clients and brokers. Along with the ability to present, we require the technical acumen to negotiate terms to an advanced technical level.
As a senior member of the team, you will be jointly responsible for the development of the Underwriters, Assistant Underwriter and Underwriting Assistant within the London team. Our expectation of this senior individual encompasses leadership ability, innovative thinking and responsible and superior execution.
You will be expected to hold and share strong subject matter knowledge in our Management Liability lines and to go above and beyond in the pursuit of team success in line with our common goals. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience
- Managing a personal renewal portfolio whilst adhering to strategy and Chubb best practice standards of underwriting integrity, service and quality.
- Delivery of new business toward a team new business target, written in line with appetite and guidelines.
- Developing the junior members of the team, taking referrals and offering mentoring and training as and where appropriate.
- Attending external meeting/introductions and providing technical leadership to ensure we meet our team goals.
- Working closely with the London Branch P&C teams and our wider internal stakeholders to drive development opportunities, including devising new strategies/business plans and to maintain a personal pipeline of quality new business opportunities.
- Further developing/maintaining close working relationships with our brokers with tenacity, conviction and professionalism.
- Delivering a profit and growth to Management Liability whilst adhering to our underwriting strategy.
- Building and maintaining a strong external reputation. Being a strong advocate for the brand. Behaving in a manner consistent with Chubb's core values, ethics, culture and service standards, both internally and externally.
What can you expect in return from us?
- Senior level experience of ML underwriting as well as experience dealing directly with clients and a comprehensive understanding of the management liability product line (D&O, Crime, EPL, PTL, IPO, KRE).
- Positive market reputation as a technical Underwriter.
- Dynamic business developer with good broker relationships.
- Work with the utmost underwriting integrity.
- Ability to manage large and often unpredictable workloads in a high-pressured environment
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiation skills both written and verbal. The ability to build solid business relationships with brokers and customers and demonstrate general analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Self-motivated, results driven self-starter that works well and considerately within a large team.
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork.
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase additional 5 days
- Private medical cover
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Comprehensive Learning & development offering
- Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers, Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.
- Networking, mentoring & development opportunities.
- Agile working environment
- 1 day annual Charitable leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Active Sports & social committee
- Employee Assistance program
Our core values decide how we live and work. We're an ethical and honest company that's wholly committed to its clients. A business that's engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that's collaborative and supportive.
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances. Work Location:
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Underwriting Employment Type:
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.