So what's the role all about?
As a Finance Systems Assistant you will work with colleagues in the Finance team and beyond to drive continuous improvement to the financial systems utilised by PA Housing. Ensure all financial and IT systems used in the delivery of the finance function are effective and robust. Support the Finance Systems Accountant with all projects and assignments.
This role can offer hybrid working, meaning you will be required to be in the office for around 2/3 days a week with the rest being from home, however we may need you to be in the office more within your probation, whilst you get up to speed.Specific duties of the role:Systems
Skills to set you apart:
- Support all enquiries and requests to PA Housing's financial systems
- Work with IT/Finance colleagues for financial systems issues and enhancement requests
- Support the Finance team with their Oracle requirements and ensure that all essential system administration tasks are performed to standard, including
- Opening / closing GL / AP / AR periods
- Setting up calendars - financial year and budget periods
- Issue resolution / Troubleshoot issues
- Coordinate system testing with users to ensure smooth transitions
- Data extraction from all databases to maximise system utility for the team and budget holders
- Run routine data reports - including periodic KPI / Performance
- Experience with coding such as SQL / Sequel / Macros and/or VBA for report writing purposes.
- Maintain the PA Housing the Chart of Accounts in the reporting hierarchies of all affected systems (Oracle, P2P, Bluebox), which includes;
- Creating and disabling accounting segments
- Mapping codes to routine and standard month end reports
- Run system interface reconciliations across multiple finance systems
- Exception reports
- Maintain P2P purchase ordering system
- Update budget codes
- Set up new starters / leavers
- Issue resolution for stuck orders
- Liaise with the AP team on how to resolve issues
- Be point of contact for technical system support on P2P
- Run routine control / integrity checks to ensure data quality in P2P
- Support / Train system functionality with Finance and wider operational teams with developed training material
- Liaise with software providers to support users where needed, raise tickets where needed and manage accordingly
Please refer to the attached job description to find out more...What's in it for you?
- AAT level / foundation CIMA / ACCA
- Sequel report writing skills
- Oracle Financials R12 - Configuration / Amendments of Oracle Financials
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependant on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to people's lives every day.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent discretionary range of employee benefits some of which include:
& much more! Check out our handy benefits flyer to see what else we can offer you!Do you care about the same things we do?
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles). With the possibility for colleagues to buy or sell a maximum of 35 hours in annual leave year subject to certain conditions
- Access to the Simply Health Cash plan scheme for discounted optical, dental and health care bills
- Perkbox Rewards - Big discounts on high Street shops, cinemas, airport parking and hotels, savings with Apple, free coffee at Caffe Nero each month, download a free film each month and more!
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives such as fitness classes, walking clubs, meditation sessions and more
- Travel to work perks such as Bike2Work Scheme, allowing you to purchase a bike under salary sacrifice & 0% Season ticket loans for bus and train tickets
- Upon successful to completion of your probationary period, we offer our colleagues an interest free loan of up to £5,000 to assist with general living cost
We have three values we work by. When we meet, we'll need you to show us how they are important to you too.
We always do the right thing: We offer the best quality service that we can.
We're there when you need us: We listen and take action ensuring we deliver on our promises.
We never give up: We are courageous in our pursuit of growth to provide more quality affordable homes.Our EDI Policy:
At PA Housing, communities are at the heart of everything we do. We know how important it is to be representative of our customers and the communities we serve, and we have always committed to creating an inclusive approach to our recruitment process to ensure that we are hiring from a diverse talent pool of people. We're an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from any individual who has the relevant skills and experience for the role, inclusive of any protected characteristics such as gender identity, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation and age.
At PA Housing, we pride ourselves in being a disability confident employer and support our applicants with any additional adjustments they may require during their application process. We take a flexible approach to working, and support part-time hours, job shares, where possible and provide a salary sacrifice option for childcare vouchers.
As part of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, actively hiring women into this role is one our objectives to increase and promote diversity at PA Housing. If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply on our recruitment portal via our company website.
Equality, diversity and inclusion | PA HousingSo who are we?
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it's about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We're happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.