Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 mindsbuilding the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies thattake society further.
We're looking for people with the skills andvision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power
Division as anEnvironmental Advisor
and help us re-imagine the world by findingsolutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It's incredibly important that our peopleenjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpfuland engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training isimportant to many and that's why we have a supportive environment which investsin our employee's development, whether that's Chartership, training ormentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see whatit's like to work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04 This is your role. What part will you play?
The Environmental Advisor will be covering multiple consruction projects based in Scotland. We're flexible on where in Scotland this person is based. In this role you be supporting the Environmental Manager todevelop, implement and maintain the Siemens Environmental Management System(EMS) within the Siemens Gas and Power EPC business. Provide expertenvironmental advice and support to Site Managers and Project Delivery teamswithin geographical regions. Acting as a key point of contact for siteenvironmental issues, whilst supporting and providing input to internal andexternal EHS stakeholders.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Support/advise the Project Delivery teams and Site Management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Siemens Environmental Management Systems and environmental legislation.
- Ensure all employees are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and understand the requirements of company environmental procedures and guidance notes.
- Support Siemens in the project management of subcontractor environmental issues.
- Attend project, site co-ordination and progress review meetings as required, providing input and advice on environmental related issues as appropriate. Ensure that any environmental actions resulting from meetings are implemented effectively.
- Where required apply for both permanent or temporary consents and ensuring consent conditions are complied with through the Project Environmental Management Plan. Note; consent requirements differ depending on contractual requirements with varying customers
- Where required co-ordinate with third party ECoW (Environmental Clerk of Works) employed by Siemens or our customers and subcontractors
- Responsible for undertaking regular environmental audits and inspections to monitor compliance with environmental legislation and company environmental procedures and ensure environmental controls are in place and effective. Ensure all audits/inspections are documented and reported in accordance with Siemens and client procedures.
- Identify significant environmental impacts on site and help set-up appropriate controls.
- Ensure that all environmental hazards and incidents are reported in accordance with Siemens and client procedures.
- Provide expert guidance, monitor and investigate following an environmental incident, ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken.
- Assist the client with their environmental site monitoring/audits, ensuring all findings are reported to the Siemens Project and Site Management teams as well as the Environmental Manager.
- Assist with the creation and development of the project Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) and Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP). Ensure that they are understood and adhered to through the project and that copies are made available to the EHS team.
- Provide input into pre-qualification, tender and environmental award submissions as required.
- Support and assist the Environmental Manager with the implementation of environmental campaigns and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with the Siemens Temporary Works Coordinator and Project Delivery teams to ensure all aspects of temporary works including demolition and construction are environmentally compliant.
- Collate monthly site environmental data in a timely manner and submit to the Environmental Manager and to the client (as required) for reporting purposes. Provide expert guidance to site management teams on the collection of data.
- Support the Site Manager with the preparation and delivery of effective Toolbox talks, environmental training and Stand Down Sessions as appropriate, the content of which should be applicable to the site.
- Engage internally and externally with clients and key environmental regulators on site environmental issues as required.
- Ensure site environmental records are maintained and accurate.
- Provide cover for other Environmental/EHS Advisors and the Environmental Manager as required
- Assess submissions by subcontractors as part of supply chain and procurement processes
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Degree, diploma or equivalent qualification in environmental discipline (essential)IEMA Membership - practitioner level, or equivalent Lead auditor or internal auditor qualification
- Hold a clean full driving license (essential)Previous experience in a similar role on large construction projects is essential
- Experience of auditing construction sites to environmental standards and management systems
- Experience of working with Project Managers, Site Managers and respective delivery teams over geographically displaced locations
- Experience in delivering training or awareness sessions
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helpingcustomers navigate the world's most pressing energy problems, both for todayand tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energygreener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage thecomplexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous basesalary plus annual bonus/overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees areindividuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have aflexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suityou. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pensioncontribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discountsjust to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would neverthink of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks oflife. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the successof our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pooland welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with ourapplicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
*LI-CSB Job ID:
Gas and PowerCompany:
Siemens plcExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: