This position can be located in London, Madrid, Milan, Luxemburg, Berlin offices
For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. EMEA Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across Europe, Middle East and Africa to enable AWS teams to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking a Sales Strategy and Operation Lead to partner with the EMEA Enterprise Sales Strategy Director and his team, to assist in defining, landing and executing on our key strategic programs for the EMEA business.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist in evaluating and forecasting attainment against goals, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed.
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to incubate new programs and deliver successfully against high standards. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to "roll up the sleeves".
The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, thinks strategically and analytically about business challenges, has experience in program management and has a deep analytic background to assist the AWS EMEA Enterprise Sales team in meeting its business objectives. The candidate will be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving, a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, and has the foresight to anticipate business needs, make tradeoffs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints. This role will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and constantly seek ways to invent and simplify business processes. Maturity, strong judgment, and the ability to influence are all essential to success in this role.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS EMEA Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team, as well as be an integral part of the EMEA Sales Strategy and Operation teams. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define and develop an operational model for the EMEA Enterprise Sales Organisation, with a cross-functional team of leaders.
• Manage all operational aspects for the Enterprise sales team, including program management and definition of processes
• Business planning, annual and multi-year- set up meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for the EMEA Enterprise sales team.
• Work backwards from the needs of specific customer segments to define strategic initiatives.
• Partner with Business Development, Marketing and Partner teams to define accelerators to support the customer journey to AWS.
• Partner with AWS EMEA Sales Leaders and Account Managers if needed in development and launch of EMEA strategic initiatives and programs.
• Develop mechanisms and KPIs to measure and track the success of strategic initiatives and programs. Use data and anecdotes to iterate and drive continuous improvement.
• Support Strategic project plans to meet business goals.
• Assist in Analyzing and providing input as it pertains to forecasting, revenue and key metrics
• At least 8+ years experience in consulting, sales strategy, business development or program management in a mid-to-large scale hi-tech company.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
• Exhibits sound business judgment and has a proven ability to influence others.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
• Deep expertise and familiarity with cloud computing products, services and sales strategies.
• Experience within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
• Track record of due diligence across business and customer segments, leading to creation of new customer sales programs to drive growth.
• Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.