Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for an EC&I Engineer to join our New Nuclear & Generation Services Business. The candidate will be based in our clients site Heysham Power Station with the possibility of being able to travel to other sites and Jacobs offices, as required.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and proactive and looking to develop their technical capabilities. The EC&I Engineering post is for those with experience of working within the civil nuclear or other highly regulated industries. Candidates will be familiar with the requirements of working in a regulated environment with providing EC&I engineering support.
- Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies and other safety case supporting documentation
- Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings
- Develop Requirements specifications, technical specifications and other design related documentation for major C&I projects.
- Perform and analyse discipline specific calculations for system studies
- Ensure successful execution of high quality engineering work to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promises
- Manage own work within associated project budgets
- Anticipates technical risks associated with own work and discusses how to manage these with Responsible Engineer or Team Leader
- Support the development of proposals and tenders by providing accurate estimates of work
- Maintain and develop successful working relationships with engineers at own level within client organisations
- Continually develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise, and seeks to develop skill portfolio
- Works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
- Support the delivery of Equipment Reliability improvements across stations
- Technical delivery of obsolescence solutions through the full development lifecycle from problem definition and optioneering through to development and station delivery.
- Working closely with supply chain and developing and maintaining a list of preferred suppliers for different solutions.
- Creating and maintain task files and project quality documentation. Ownership of individual task quality plans.
- Degree qualified engineer (or accomplished engineer through apprentice route with relevant expertise)
- Ability to work in UK and eligible to gain BPSS and CTC (minimum security clearance)
- Develop technical knowledge and experience leading to Chartered or incorporated engineer status, or membership of a relevant professional body
- Experience of a consultancy environment specifically focused on process plant, control & instrumentation and associated safety case in a highly regulated industry
- Experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry (e.g. rail).
- Knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
- Experience with obsolescence management, including the identification of obsolete components and suitable replacements
- Knowledge of SMART instruments, Software and Hardware Equipment Qualification techniques or Cyber Security an advantage
- Knowledge of relevant guidelines, standards and practices (e.g. IEC 61508 & 61513);
- Experience of process systems or C&I design an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of creating requirement definitions, preferably using formal definition tools
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and requirement specifications
- Awareness of software-based control systems and components
- Working towards Chartered / Incorporated Engineer status with a relevant professional body
- Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
- Maintains and develops knowledge, capability and competence in latest engineering standards and techniques
- Proactive and autonomous whilst understanding limits of knowledge and experience
- Flexible to travel to various sites around the UK for both long and short durations