Make an impact on our business and the business world.
At American Express, we recognize that our most valuable asset is our people. After all, it's our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it's our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world's most respected service brand. Our team is growing, we are looking for a Director to join our UK Market Compliance team to lead the Regulatory Liason Team and the UK Testing Team who seek to ascertain good consumer outcomes in line with our compliance with prudential and conduct requirements, providing subject matter expertise and managing regulatory engagements and submissions relating to these areas.
This is an exciting and challenging position with the opportunity to lead the brining together of two teams and shape the strategy for managing our relationships with Regulators whilst working closely with senior and specialist colleagues in the various business areas. The rational behind the creation of this role is we want to take from what we see in our Regulatory Supervisory Relationship and feed this to the thinking behind our Compliance Testing Plans.Key Responsibilities
- Lead engagements with the UK regulators in relation to all regulatory compliance matters concerning American Express in UK, including regulatory reporting, variations of permissions and other supervisory work as appropriate
- Work with the teams across the company to identify and collate information to respond to requests for information from internal or external auditors in a timely manner
Regulatory Change & Horizon Scanning
- Monitor regulatory change and provide concise impact assessments to the business, in collaboration with the General Counsel's Organization, on conduct, prudential, operational resilience and sustainable finance developments that may impact our company in the UK, supporting where needed with the implementation of these developments
- Design tailored presentations, briefing notes and management information for senior management (Board, Operational Risk Committee etc.) and other key stakeholders ensuring that all material aspects are highlighted, and appropriately escalated
- Participate and contribute to industry discussions on regulatory policy developments as and when required
Governance & Reporting
- Provide Compliance subject matter expertise on UK egulatory requirements as they apply in the Payments and Credit Card sector
- Act as the Compliance point of contact for queries and escalations related to regulatory liasion
- Collaborate with colleagues from the business as well internal Risk Management and Compliance teams to identify current and emerging risks, advising on steps required to mitigate these
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports to senior management and the Board/ Legal Entity Governance Committees as appropriate, provding information on the Compliance plan, performed activities, results of second line of defense monitoring and testing activities, compliance-related risks and indicators, and the escalation of compliance issues and incidents
- Develop and assist in the development and maintenance of compliance programme-related policies, as needed
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Minimum Qualifications
Why American Express?
- Experience leading regulatory liaison teams at either a financial services firm, or been an active lead in a consultancy, regulatory body or law firm
- Strong knowledge of the payments and consumer credit regulatory framework in the UK and FCA supervisory regime
- Ability to interpret the regulatory requirements, guidance, and developments and clearly communicate implications to a range of audiences, including Executive Management
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting, ability to drive insights from the data and provide actionable steps
- Excellent relationship building skills, with a track record that clearly demonstrates cultural awareness and an ability to build lasting partnerships across local and market teams.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, adaptable and detail oriented with a proven ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills and must be able to manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards. We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]