Data Policies - Service Delivery Lead
Function: Global Data Office
As a Data Policies - Service Delivery Lead, you will become a key member of EY's Data Policies team within the Data Office (DO). Within the DO, it is the responsibility of the Data Policies team to design and implement a data policies framework, which will ensure the use of data will always comply with local laws, regulations, professional standards and contractual obligations.
You will be responsible for working closely with Service Lines to capture and iterate on business requirements in relation to broader data usage within EY, especially in relation to evolving technology and new data driven solutions. Working closely with Policy Groups (General Counsel's Office, Data Protection, Independence, Risk Management and Service Line Quality) at a global, area and regional level, you will be responsible to drive and coordinate changes to our contractual terms, including third party data, to enable broader usage. In addition, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of a deployment model across EY globally, working closely with the Data Policies Leader and executive leadership.
You will also liaise with other teams within the DO to support the design and enablement of technology in relation to the data policies framework, including providing requirements for technology enablement, assist in third party and open source data management, and analyzing data usage,
At EY we believe that it is important for the Data Office to be multi-disciplinary. This requires that you demonstrate your ability to expand your area of influence beyond "traditional data governance" and contribute towards a contiguous and market leading data services. To satisfy these objectives you must be skilled at gathering requirements and leading workshops as a business consultant. In the ever changing landscape, you must be able to quickly capture and understand how evolving technology can support and enhance these requirements.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Drive changes to contractual terms working closely with Policy Groups and local business sponsors; Design and iterate on supporting materials, including a support structure at a global, area and local level
• Work closely with Policy Groups at the global, area and local level, together with local business sponsors to document and mitigate issues as they arise as it relates to the data policies framework
• Act as a business consultant to identify the core requirements of the Policy Groups and act as a trusted advisor to a variety of internal stakeholders.
• Work with and DO leadership in implementing the overall vision for Data Policies Capability and effectively and consistently communicate this to key stakeholders
• Pursue and build relationships across the business globally and gather intelligence and bring insight about the wider data policy landscape
• Gathers feedback from Account Teams, Markets and Services Lines to inform data policies execution, especially around client contracts and statements of work
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a design and deployment playbook in relation to broader changes to contractual terms and develop best practices
• Support the implementation of an ongoing communication plan to educate key stakeholders on data governance, specifically in the areas of client contracting
• Support the design and ongoing iteration of toolkits and client facing material
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Pursue and build relationships across business and technology teams to gather intelligence, insight and understand priorities
• Responsible for the development of standard processes through the Data Office
• Provide input into and lead implementation of relevant and meaningful roadmaps and concepts and other deliverables that enables the overall business for better performance
• Support the development and maintenance of the strategic end to end data lifecycle management
• Effectively coordinates work with Data Policy Analysts in the team to ensure successful delivery
• Work independently under minimal guidance with regular alignment with DO and Data Policies leadership
• Performance measured only on outcomes
• Recognize and manage risks in area of responsibility, putting in place appropriate mitigation plans and communicating these to avoid surprises with key stakeholders
• Provide formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Ability to effectively run workshops to gather requirements and gain consensus
• Strong analytical skills, good knowledge of policy processes and strong team leadership.
• Strong relationship building skills and executive presence
• Ability to constructively challenge requirements and current state to increase overall value to the organization
• Ability to direct the point of optimization from the project to the enterprise
• Should be well versed with latest governance and business trends
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
• Excellent management skills, coupled with exceptional judgment and tact.
• Knowledge of emerging policy requirements (e.g. GDPR/HIPPA) recommended, but not required.
• Strategic skills to develop long-term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps that are broadly accepted.
• Ability to translate business and functional needs into governance requirements, and estimate their impact across the data lifecycle
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the changes to key business processes and the impact on the overall governance framework
• Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to lead virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
• English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people - including business customers, Functional managers, IT project managers and IT engineers - to balance demands
• Self-starter attitude, working independently under almost no guidance
• Ability to make decisions in situations of ambiguity and the absence of complete facts
• Flexible work hours required to accommodate a globally dispersed team and stakeholders
• Global travel may be required periodically.
• Long hours may occasionally be required to meet project commitments and/or preparing materials for clients (internal and external).
• Education: A degree in Law, Business, Computer Science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred, but not required.
• Any Data Governance, Data Protection or Industry certification is preferred not mandatory
• Governance design and implementation
• Experienced in technology with tangible, relevant and demonstrated experience with the analysis of complex business processes and data governance needs and development of re-engineering opportunities
• Experience within a multicultural, multi-disciplined, globally dispersed team
• Proven Track record within data governance with significant influence on overall direction of data policies and data lifecycle management
• Developing and monitoring the delivery of efficient and effective processes to diverse and complex data problems