In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
- Estimate development effort for assigned tasks
- Work with Business Analysts to clarify requirements when necessary
- Contribute to technical design of platform solution
- Develop and maintain high-quality solutions
- Work with other developers in a collaborative manner both within and across different workstreams, projects and programmes
- Create comprehensive automated unit and integration tests for all developed code
- Work with Test Analysts to assist with QA and UAT testing of delivered solutions
- Help transition into production including providing adequate technical documentation for production support
- Provide third line support for delivered solutions
- Adhere to code quality standards for all development activities
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of best practice documentation
- Stay up-to-date on trends and techniques being used in the industry through research and apply this knowledge to systems being developed
Essential skills / tools:
- Must have proven track record of developing with Caché Objects / SQL and have good understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Must be expert level user of Caché Objectscript programming language.
- Strong SQL skills and experience of database performance tuning
- Automated Unit Testing
- XML / JSON and web services (Soap / REST).
- Deltanji change management toolset
- Intersystems DeepSee / BI / OLAP / MDX
- Data Visualisation
- Python or Java
- Containers (Docker)
Business Knowledge / Professional Qualifications:
- Proven experience in development role, preferably with exposure to investment management or demonstrable business awareness from outside the sector
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days' (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.