PR plans. We need you to write press releases and features and research stories for internal and external communications, as well as taking ownership of PR plans, while managing queries and developing and managing relationships with journalists and a variety of stakeholders as part of our Corporate Affairs team.
Ideally with a proven successful background in communications (we will also consider candidates with a relevant degree), you have an excellent knowledge of key media and top-notch research skills. The ability to quickly get up to speed with our vision, messages, products and services is important too, as are the interpersonal and relationship building skills it takes to work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation. And, because you'll be liaising with journalists, as well as internal and external stakeholders, you'll need to be credible and professional, with strong personal integrity. Collaborative, dependable and results-driven, with lots of energy, you're flexible over working hours and location too. Not least as, while the role can be based in either London or Southampton, you'll often need to travel between the two offices.
Benefits & working hours
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why, in order to attract, motivate and retain the best people, we offer a very competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create. It includes a core Quilter funded package of rewards and benefits, and optional flexible benefits that you can add.Core benefits
Please note, the benefit package you receive will depend on your grade and what part of our business you work for.Flexible benefits
- Holiday: between 24-30 days' holiday (depending on your job banding).
- Annual bonus scheme: most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it.
- Pension scheme: a non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions.
- Car allowance: depending on your role you may be offered a car allowance.
- Private medical insurance: couple's cover as standard with the opportunity to flex level of cover.
- Life assurance: six-times your salary.
- Health assessment: a company funded health assessment (depending on your grade).
- Personal accident: 1x salary with the option to change the level of cover.
- Income protection: 50% of salary with the option to change the level of cover.
We offer a number of additional benefits which you can purchase through our salary sacrifice scheme. These include additional health care schemes for both you and your spouse, childcare vouchers, gym and parking discounts and the ability to buy and sell holiday - to give just a few examples.
Our office is open from 8am - 5pm. Everyone works a seven hour day (plus one hour for lunch)
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.