In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
The Compliance Manager will work as part of the Compliance monitoring team and a wider Compliance team to provide high quality compliance monitoring support to the LGIM(H) regulated entities undertaking monitoring functions, management information reporting, some advisory support and carrying on ad hoc Compliance projects.
- Contribute to the creation, implementation and delivery of a comprehensive risk based Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP). The CMP covers all FCA/PRA regulated firms within LGIM(H) and aims to reflect all relevant regulatory requirements impacting these businesses.
- Identify regulatory issues and risks while carrying out effective surveillance and monitoring reviews within the deadlines set. Ensure mitigating actions assigned within the reviews are completed within the agreed timescales.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant rules and legislation to aid in the interaction with business areas as part of the CMP and within Compliance projects.
- Produce clear and to-the-point management information for various groups, committees and team meetings.
- Take responsibility for allocated compliance projects, and represent the Compliance team in business meetings.
- Assist in the delivery of an efficient regulatory risk framework feeding into a risk-based CMP. Ensure that identified risks are recorded, analysed and taken into account in the delivery of surveillance, monitoring reviews and projects.
- Engage with other Compliance and Risk team members and engage in cross training, exchange of information and collaboration.
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant commercial or professional qualification
2. Regulatory & Legislative
- Previous experience in financial services compliance. Experience within a monitoring / audit function preferred.
- Sufficient commercial perspective and overall knowledge of business sectors in which LGIM operates
- Understanding of retail and wholesale regulatory requirements in an asset management and unit trust management context preferred.
- Pensions regulation knowledge would also be of advantage
- Good analytical skills and industry awareness including of emerging regulation to identify the impact on the business areas and developing strategies. Ability to work proactively with business areas to meet all new regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and ability to work effectively and efficiently, both individually and within a team to deliver good quality monitoring reviews on time.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure high quality delivery of information in a concise manner.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach while contributing to the development and implementation of a comprehensive, risk-based CMP for each business area, which reflects relevant regulatory requirements impacting the business.
- Demonstrate good analytical skills and industry awareness in order to identify the impact on the business areas and developing strategies.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to the development of effective and efficient methods and tools to manage compliance workloads.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with other compliance team members and business colleagues to promote a good conduct risk and compliance culture so in order to exceed regulatory expectations.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain effective relationships with management and external parties, to enable the delivery of practical solutions to problems or the implementation of improved systems, processes or controls.
- Demonstrate curiosity and ability to challenge whilst undertaking risk assessments, projects, monitoring reviews and surveillance tests.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.