Company DescriptionWe're changing it up
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. Together, we're achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That's why we've created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We're changing up Britain and we're changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK. A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £48,000
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.How can you change it up?
The Communications Manager will support the Business Change Lead to provide expert and creative delivery of engaging internal communications for our Network Build division, to keep staff and our Build Partners informed of developments across the business.
You will be responsible for managing key internal communications channels (including intranet, newsletters, staff briefings) as well as supporting the delivery of internal campaigns and managing the calendar of internal communications initiatives. In order to ensure effective communications with our Build Partners you will also help teams with content development and management via our Extranet.
Your other responsibilities will include:
What will you bring to the role?
- Managing and delivering the annual internal communications programme for Network Build, establishing SMART objectives that support our divisional objectives and growth strategy
- Liaising with internal departments including corporate communications and SHEQ, to develop a comprehensive communications calendar for Network Build
- Delivering monthly division newsletters and ongoing updates to intranet pages
- Managing stakeholder engagement activity with our Build Partners
- Supporting the content management of our supplier extranet
- Assisting with event organisation and delivery of both external and internal facing conferences, meetings and roadshows
- Working with corporate internal and external communications teams to promote Network Build achievements and milestones and support central campaign
- Assisting with development and host informal learning sessions with our teams
We're looking for a professional, adaptable and mature individual who would like to develop their career in Internal Communications. You'll have experience in a similar role, demonstrating a solid track record in developing and delivering communications plans that support internal projects. You will have a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset and you'll be comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid and demanding environment, collaborating effectively with a talented and supportive team, but also happy owning and working independently on certain projects.
You will also:
Our unique culture
- Be able to effectively engage with stakeholders internally and within supply chains
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills that are demonstrated by previous executions of a Communications campaign
- Have experience using O365 tools (Teams, Yammer, Sharepoint, Excel) as well as be willing to learn unfamiliar software / technologies
- Be able to build strong professional :1 and 1:Many relationships with stakeholders in both a written and oral manner
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together. Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
- Experience working on internal communications and stakeholder engagement campaigns and projects
- Experience analysing data to provide meaningful insights
- Some experience or familiarity with design tools (InDesign, etc)
- Experience being involved in developing and managing an intranet system
- Proofreading skills, mindful of tone of voice
- Copywriting experience: from story identification and development to stakeholder management and fact-checking
- Experience working for an organisation in the Infrastructure, tech, telecoms industry
- Working under pressure
- Able to cope with ambiguity
- High levels of initiative
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Ability to work with senior management
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.