In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job DutiesTo maximise the acquisition of profitable new DC business through the development of strategic relationships within designated Employee Benefit intermediary partnerships and by maximising product/proposition panelling, marketing and wider sales and development opportunities to deliver against LGIM stated targets.
Develop and maintain personal relationships with key individuals within allocated intermediary accounts and facilitate the further embedding of LGIM's footprint within each organisation by ensuring others within the LGIM Distribution senior management team are connected
Develop and implement a progressive business plan for each allocated intermediary, ensuring opportunities are maximised and work with the Product & Pricing teams to achieve market leading intermediary positions and to ensure new business optimisation and existing business retention whilst liaising with other business areas within LGIM and LGAS (Insurance, Retirement) to leverage other opportunities to grow the account relationship
Be the single first point of contact for each allocated account for England & Wales. Manage and take the lead on all activities and operational issues within each account, giving direction to internal teams as required to ensure required developments are progressed and issues are resolved in a timely manner
Lead and facilitate intermediary research meetings and personally manage the new business opportunities presented, thereby maximising sales penetration and success. Lead sales negotiations with the account and through an understanding of the mutual client's culture and requirements present solutions, initiatives and services that deliver profitable business whilst adding client value
- Define, develop and deliver a strategy and plan to ensure business development activities are delivered in line with Legal & General's Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy
- Ensure that the DC Distribution leadership team are regularly kept informed of any significant changes to competitor activity. Measure the market share and product sales trends of competitors and use this data to defend or enhance LGIM's position with these accounts
- Maintain a focused industry and marketplace knowledge, keep abreast of strategic developments affecting intermediary contacts and their clients and be able to discuss relevant topics in an informed manner. Assist in promoting LGIMs DC brand by representing LGIM at relevant conferences and forums or through other communications
- Proven track record in intermediated sales relationship management, within a provider or asset manager and specifically experience in writing complex business in respect of large FTSE250 clients
- A strong track record of delivery of corporate pensions distribution strategy
Good knowledge is required of:
- The intermediated DC market place
- LGIM's products and services
- Our competitors, market forces and legislative changes that would affect the LGIM proposition or customer needs
- Very good bundled pension & investment fund knowledge and some unbundled investment product knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to articulate and convey concepts and ideas to a very senior audience in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of resilience
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance for you and your family, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com